"Kidnappers!"

From the story just now, I can see why he'd be on his guard for that. "I see. You sure act fast. Well, Nene, shall we eat out today?"

"I don't mind."

"Wait, but maybe kidnappers go to restaurants!"

"No they don't, Haruto."

"Today's special is pork saute with pawpaw sauce, served with porcini and garnished with potato potage." The chef arrived with their food, giving Amane a knowing look before leaving.

"Po?" Haruto parroted, poking at his food.

Ah, they put another cipher in my food. A mission briefing, huh? At Site D in 5 days, within 1300 hours.

"Hm? Amane, aren't you going to eat? You've been staring at your food for a while." Nene asked him, and he gave her a smile.

"Oh, I was just, uh... admiring it for a while. It looks quite nice, doesn't it?"

I get their message, but I wish they'd quit contacting me like this. It's weird.

FIVE DAYS LATER

rrriiiiing!!! The phone reverberated in the living room, the noise stopping when Amane picked it up. "Hello? Yes, that's me. What? It's already done? Hm... I see. Alright, we'll stop by and pick it up later today. Okay, bye."

Haruto peeked over from the couch, running up towards him. "Uniform's done?"

"Apparently. Hey, Nene, I'm sorry but could you take Haruto to the tailor for me? I've got work today." I wonder what they have to say at this time around.

"Of course! Just leave it to me!" Nene nodded.

Amane just let out a smile. Well, at least he could count on Nene on such matters. Plus, she looked rather adorable putting on an enthusiastic face like she did just now.

...Moving on. "I might be a little late tonight, so feel free to order takeout or something."

"No, it's fine. I'll be cooking dinner tonight."

"Have fun out there, Papa!" Haruto bid him goodbye.

--

It was a fairly far distance from the apartment, but after slipping into a photo booth, turning the switch on it to reveal a facial recognition camera, the interior turned into an elevator that descended down, down, down, into a secret room with a ding.

A blonde haired woman sat from across the room, arms and legs crossed as she turned her revolving chair around to face him. She tipped her wide brimmed hat upwards, glancing at him with sharp, green eyes.

"Hello, Agent Midnight. Or should I say, good evening?" She greeted him with a smile.

"Hey there, Yako. What seems to be the emergency?"

Yako closed her eyes and took one, deep breath. "First things first... What the hell was with that ridiculous expense from the other day?! You rented out a castle, with furnishings and all that! WISE has a budget, you know!!"

Wow. She's being extra today.

"About that, here's the invoice for the school supplies while we're at it." He chose to ignore her outburst and hand over an envelope to her. She huffed, but took it from him anyway.

"You got guts saying that so casually to me, kid."

"They were necessary expenses." Adding to the cost of my own dignity too, you know.