2 - A Rough Night

It was nearly the end of another long day for Jules and she was busy driving her car all the way home while jamming out to music on the radio. The sunset in the sky was slightly hidden behind some clouds, which only illuminated the orange color in the distance.

"Phew. That was a pretty long day." She sighs, turning the volume down a little. "Not that I'm annoyed or anything, but I'm glad to be home to have some dinner and relax."

As Jules hops out the car, locks it, and approaches the front door she reaches for the handle and finds out that the door is still unlocked.

"Huh. That's odd. Jones and Midas should still be at work right now."

Stepping inside she finds a certain blond man busy in the kitchen with a tea towel over his shoulder. He turns around to the sound of the front door opening to see Jules standing there, toolkit in hand.

"Oh! Hey Jules!" He greets her. "Nice day?"

"Uh, yeah..." She responds, putting her kit down and going over to him. "I thought you'd be at work still."

"Well, that was the plan...but uh, I had to stay home today." He chuckles slightly, wiping his face with the tea towel.

"Why?"

"Well, it started last night..."

--------------

Last night...

It was 2:55 in the morning, with the moon shining brightly through the window accompanied by glittering stars. Jones was sleeping peacefully, stuck in his own little world, that is until he hears the sound of someone getting up out of bed.

"Hm? Midas? That you?"

Midas sighs, wishing he had been more quiet about getting up. He bites his lip as Jones turns around in bed.

"I'm... I'm okay Jones. D-Don't worry." He mutters, lying through his teeth. "I'm just a little thirsty, that's all."

"Midas are you sure? You don't... sound okay. Let me-"

"No, no. I don't want you to trouble yourself." He stops Jones, taking his hands. "Listen I'll just fetch a glass of water while you go back to sleep, alright?"

Jones knew Midas didn't seem okay, but chooses to not piss him off and argue about it.

"Okay. Just be careful. Call me if you need help."

Midas strains to get up from their bed, stumbling towards the wall and leaning against it as he makes his way into the bathroom and turns on the light.

Jones slowly lays back down again, closing his eyes as he hears the sound of the tap running.

Until...

*THUD*

Jones shoots up in bed again upon hearing that noise and turns to the lit up bathroom.

"Midas?! You okay in there?"

No response comes through. Jones frantically begins getting up and running into the bathroom.

He finds the poor man leaning against the bathtub, breathing heavily. Jones kneels near him, feeling his head.

"Jeez dude, your head's boiling hot and you're paler than normal. I knew you were lying about being fine."

Midas tries to respond but his words disappear as Jones sighs sadly and runs a hand through his now messy locks of hair.

"You're obviously not fit for going anywhere today. And I ain't going anywhere either." Jones tells him, getting up to soak a small towel and dab it across Midas' temples.