Birthday Girl || 10

Start from the beginning

"gosh, just look at her," he mumbles, grabbing the nearest hand who passes by, happens to be jin and points at aera, "she's upset because i forgot her birthday,"

"how can you do that?" jin gasps, smacking yoongi's head, earning a sharp hiss from the the latter and a displeased look, "we planned everything and you forgot? really yoongi? she calls you appa and you couldn't remember her birthday?"

"i do remember! it was the part of the plan to act like i forgot! no you know what? just go, do whatever you were doing," yoongi rolls his eyes as jin now laughs in embarrassment, nodding his and pats his back.

"i'm so funny!" jin fake laughs, getting a weird look from yoongi who shakes his head, focusing back on preparing his coffee, frequently glancing at aera to make sure she's not being too sad.

"where's jimin and tae?"

"stuck in the traffic," jin sighs, adding another cup next to yoongis's and nods for him to prepare some extra coffee for him too. yoongi however, scoffs, pushing the cup away, getting another smack on the head which makes him groan this time, turning to the elder with a snap, "i'm the hyung," jin smirks and yoongi grits his teeth, taking the cup back, carrying on with his work.

"there you go, hyung," he sighs, pouring the warm coffee in two cups, handing one to jin and one for himself.

"ah thanks yoongi-ah, you really didn't have to." jin laughs, patting yoongi's shoulder who stares at him with a are-you-serious look, "hyung loves you,"

"jin hyun- oh hey aera," namjoon slows down at the end the of the staircase, staring at the little girl, curled up with an imaginary black cloud hovering above her which yoongi and jin could see very clearly, making them sigh.

aera looks up slowly, the pout residing on her soft lips as hurt as before, "what are you doing there?" namjoon asks, bending down to pat her head as he fails to understand what's going on, or if she's being punished like that by the elders.

"i'm sad..." she mumbles, looking down, having jin and yoongi turning fluids in their places, hearing the cute voice of her and expression as though she just had the toughest heartbreak of her life.

"aw why?" namjoon sits next to her now, wrapping his arm around her and pats her cheek, "riri looks better when smiling,"

"i don't feel like smiling..." she mumbles, leaning onto namjoon with some hope and looks at his face, "appa forgot my- do you know what is tomorrow?" she stops and tests him too, pulling away from the hug and stares at him with hopeful eyes, making namjoon gulp under the pressure of her puppy eyes casting a spell for him to fall into and nod.

however, two more pair of eyes stare in his direction, emitting rays that pull him on their side of persuasion, shaking their heads for him to deny. he sighs softly, looking back at aera, trying to open his mouth and say something, but the fear of hurting the child, doesn't let him speak. so he ends up shaking his head a little, releasing a deep breath when the girl averts her eyes from him, staring down. broken all over again.

"you can go," she mumbles, her index finger poking the tip of her shoe, "jinnie oppa is in the kitchen..."

"uh yeah, thanks," namjoon nods quickly, getting on his feet already speed-walking to the elders watching him. "that was so close!" he whisper yells, placing his hand on his chest where his heart is apparantly located.

"i feel you," yoongi sighs, sipping his coffe and nods towards him, "you wanted to say something?"

"ah yeah, about the cake," namjoon holds up his phone in front of the elders, showing a picture of a white and pink cake with a crown of what looks like vanilla chocolate and edible glitter, decorated with stars and pearls on the sides and top around the crown. then he slides the picture, showing them another one which is a light blue colored cake, on top of it is a smiling olaf sitting and snow flakes are adorning on the sides. "which one?" he asks, switching back and forth between the two cakes.