001

·˚ ༘ 📩 ₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰ > [ paper rings ]

"Hey Megs, whatcha got there?"

You asked your son, right when the sun peered above your home, the only thing protecting you from its sweltering heat being the tiled roof. His room was just as blue as the sky that homed said sun, painted in the softest hint of cerulean while miscellaneous toys were scattered all over the carpeted floor. You were leaning your shoulder against the oak-wood doorway of that led to his bedroom, arms crossed snuggly to your chest as you looked at the boy with eyes that flooded with fondness. He was an absolute image in front of you, so blissfully unaware of the world while he worked on something that was hidden beneath his figure; you couldn't help but coo silently. He had grown so fast.. it felt like yesterday you were just changing his diapers and juggling a milk bottle with a sweat-coated face.

The quiet clinking of your keys grounded you just a little bit from your sweet reverie, the leather bag hanging loosely around your arm reminding you that you had another child that was yet to be picked up from her first day of school.

"A drawing. I made this for Tsumiki-nii." Your son who was seated on the floor, leaning forward with utmost concentration looked your way, answered you gently.

Bending down to his level, you take the paper from his outstretched hand, and oh gosh, you just about screamed inside at the heartwarming portrayal. It's the three of you under the peeking sun, stick figures holding each other's hands with a myriad of crayon scribbles decorating the background. This will obviously make it to the magnetic fridge museum. Your movements freeze for a second and you wish you had your phone out right now, wanting to capture this exact moment so you could experience it all over again. But that will have to do another time.

"Aw Gumi, this is so sweet! you did such a good job, baby." You're looking at him with a gleam in your eyes and even if you didn't say anything, the blaring pride you wore in them could speak a thousand words. Your hands pat the top of Megumi's unruly hair, (you just couldn't seem to get it down no matter what you did) encouraging your son to show the intended recipient of such masterpiece. "If you want to, we can give it to Tsumi when we pick her up."

"Really?" He peers at you with big, hopeful eyes, and you could physically see the way he lights up entirely.

Seeing his expression, you just about dissolve in your spot. He seems to have been doing that a lot recently. You wouldn't—couldn't—deny him of anything, not when his eyes shined so brightly. Grinning softly, you answered the boy, "Of course honey. She'll be so happy when she sees it."

"Okay." He replies, smiling and looking down at his hands, elated at the prospect of giving his sister something he made from his heart.

When Megumi is seated in his car seat in the back, you can't help but melt at how adorable he looks. He has his drawing splayed on his lap, kicking his feet off the edge and smiling out the window as he watches the moving scenery. It's almost blinding, how the sunlight perfectly frames his ingenuous face. He looks like an angel, like a blessing.

This morning, you drove Tsumiki to her new elementary school, your daughter entering first grade. You cried when you saw her gleefully walking towards her class with the rest of the students, pretty much breaking down about how much she's grown. Yeah, definitely not your proudest moments.

When the two of you arrived at her school, you took in the lively sight of parents picking up their kids, teachers looking tired and warmly saying goodbye to the students, all to do it again the next day. After walking back to where he was sat, Megumi is now holding onto your hand tightly, making sure not to lose you when you start walking to the area outside the school entrance.

"Tsumiki honey, over here!" You greet when you see a familiar head of brown hair, raising your hand to wave at her when she turns her head to the direction that called her name.

"Hi mama, hi Megumi!" She shouts, running at you with her pink backpack behind. Tsumiki was always so energetic, always talking about anything and everything, never seen without a bright smile on her face. She was definitely a lot harder to put to sleep but you wouldn't change it for the world: she was your sweet, kind and extroverted girl.

Making sure Megumi is still next to you, you swiftly bring little Tsumiki into your arms, hugging her as she wraps her arms around your neck, slightly tip-toeing to accommodate to where you're kneeling.

"How was your day Tsumi?" You tentatively question, hand reaching up to her face and moving her bangs out of her face.

"It was good! I made a friend today. Her name's Ichiro. She left already, though." She pouts, sad that she couldn't play with her first friend anymore after Ichiro's father had picked her up.

"That's okay Tsumi, you'll see her again tomorrow. You can even introduce her to me when I drop you off." Inside you're bursting with pride and joy, so happy that Tsumiki made her first friend at school. She's always been such an exuberant, intuitive and kind-hearted girl; there was no doubt she would work up new companions wherever she goes.

"Yes! I think she'll be happy to see meet you mama."

Beside you, Megumi softly tugs at your shirt, clutching the piece of paper in his hands.

"Tsumi-kun look, Megumi has something to show you!" You grin.

"Really?! What is it Gumi?" Tsumiki asks excitedly, walking up and facing her little brother.

With a blush on his face, Megumi reaches his hand out and shoves the paper onto Tsumiki's. She holds the piece tightly with both hands, eyes moving eagerly and scanning the drawing in front. Tsumiki has just about the most cheerful and bright expression on her sweet face.

"That's you on the right. And mama's next to us. And that's me." He points and Tsumiki leans her head to stand next to him.

With their heads bonking, Tsumiki is gushing about how pretty he drew your little family, and how cute she and Megumi look. An impressed 'waw' makes its way out of her lips, and she practically jumps in pep to give him a big hug.

Megumi is clearly ecstatic, animatedly bursting with pride when his sister asks if he could draw her something because he's so good at it.

"Okay kids, it's time to go now. You can tell your sister about your drawing in the car Gumi, but we have to leave before the security man chases us out!" You tell them, comically pointing at the blissfully ignorant man in uniform who unknowingly became the victim of your antics.

Your children laugh as Tsumiki holds Megumi's hand, dragging him towards the familiar car. Somewhere in between their frantic laughter, Megumi tells you to follow them fast before the scary man catches you, so cute with his serious concern.

It's little moments like this that gives you hope and an overflowing amount of happiness. Looking at them, it's like the jujutsu world doesn't exist, or curses or anything that could hurt your family. You know that inevitably, Tsumiki and Megumi will start to show signs of their techniques manifesting. It's not something you won't let them explore and develop, because even if it was the deepest wish in your heart to let them go of that burden, you wouldn't be able to take away that part of them. But for now, you'd do everything and anything to keep them safe, loved and cared for. To make sure that they know there will always be someone waiting with open arms, and to let them enjoy these fragile youthful years.

꒰ 💌 ꒱ notes 

this was so fun to make! i often am curious about how tsumiki was before the whole cursed shabang, and i feel like i wanted to give her love too. it was so sad that their parents left :(

but! this is a biological siblings au and tsumiki is a (future) sorceress too ᵔᴗᵔ