The Murder of Caroline Fisher

Start from the beginning

At FBI headquarters, the medical examiner, Jerry Walker declared that Beth's cause of death was strangulation, and that her time of death was about one thirty. There were skin cells on Beth's neck that had been sent up to the forensic scientist Alice Winters.

 Alice told Carl and Tessa that the DNA pulled off Beth's neck was Lisa's. Lisa had killed her sister and ran. Alice also revealed that the bullets extracted from Caroline's head matched the gun that Beth owned. It seemed as though Beth had killed Caroline, and then to get revenge for her friends murder Lisa had gone to Beth's  house and strangled her.

One thing didn't quite add up. Caroline's death was released to the public at two P.M, but Jerry had informed Tessa that Beth had died at one thirty. So Lisa couldn't have known about Caroline's murder unless she was present when the crime was committed. Tessa walked quickly down to Alice's lab to ask her about tire tracks found on the street Caroline was found.

" Tessa you know those tire tracks you had me examine? They belong to Lisa's car!"

"Thank you Alice." Tessa. Tessa ran to tell inform Karl of what Maggie had told her. "Karl! I have a suspect."

"I do too, who do you think it is?"

"Lisa Quinn. It's all to much of a coincidence. First Lisa kills her sister, who shot Caroline, then the tire tracks we found belong to her car, and Beth was killed half an hour before we released Caroline's death to the public. That would mean that Lisa would have to have been there to know. Who do you think it is though?"

"Lisa Quinn too. I just got a call from the local police, who got a call from the bank that Caroline uses. Earlier today at 1:50 Caroline withdrew all her money."

"But how is that possible Caroline's dead?"

"Well clearly it wasn't the real Caroline. It was Lisa. I did some research on her, and her and Caroline look almost exactly alike. Same blonde hair, blue eyes, they are even almost the same height. Therefore Lisa could've easily walked into the bank and stolen all her money."

"But why would Lisa steal her best friends money?"

"Well Caroline did receive a big inheritance from her grandmother recently, and Lisa was deep in debt."

"We need to find Lisa quickly, she might already be out of state."

"I'll put out a bolo for her."

The bolo was useless Lisa had vanished. Ten years had gone by and she still hadn't been found.

                                              December 5, 2005

Rachel Carter was walking down Main Street. Her wavy red hair blew into her face. She hated winters in New York, they were too cold and windy for her liking. She walked into a store and saw a familiar face. Her Aunt Caroline. Caroline looked right at Rachel, and walked past her out of the door. Rachel was about to follow her when a group of kids walked in. When she was able to leave the store she couldn't find her aunt anywhere. 

"You're going crazy Rachel. People can't come back from the dead. You're also talking aloud to yourself." Rachel said to herself.

She went back into the store, and drifted around mindlessly, distracted by what she just saw. As the sun went down she left the store and started walking back to her apartment. When she got to her apartment she walked inside to see her twin sister Lucille sitting in the middle of the living room floor doing a puzzle.

"Hey Ray! How was town?"

"Good. I saw the craziest thing. I went into that small clothing store by the library, and saw Aunt Carrie."