28 | living dead girl

Start from the beginning

"But of course." Dottie smiled. "So, what will be the next step?"

"Apprehension."

"Very good." she praised, "Now, you can start your rest break at the lounge."

Y/n muttered her thanks and grabbed her towels to wipe off the sticky sweat uncomfortably coating her skin, though it was more likely from nervousness than the heat and activity.

The lounge room was an airy rectangular room occupied with nothing but living room couches and old portraits of former administrators of the commission. Y/n laid herself on the soft couches and opened her phone to see three message notifications. One from Midoriya, Todoroki, and the other from Hitoshi.

Y/n clicked Midoriya's message first:

We had training with the other hero class today and competed against each other in groups of four. Hitoshi was there, just so you know. Aizawa sensei is training him privately so he can join the hero course. I noticed that they weirdly kinda look a lot like each other. Nearly with the same personality too... Sorry, don't tell them I said that!

The young genius chuckled, shifting in her position to a more comfortable position, and continued to read the message.

I figured you'd wanna know since you guys know each other, but then again he might've told you already because you guys are friends or maybe you just know each other... I'm blabbing, sorry! Also, Eri has made a lot of friends, she's living happily thanks to you. The rest and I hope you're doing well!

We miss you! <3

Y/n smiled and gave a curt response of gratitude, then clicked on Hitoshi's message, which said:

I joined the hero course classes in training today. Turns out it was a test to analyze my potential to enter the hero course. And I did! Next year, in my second year, I'll be able to join the hero course. Hopefully class 1-B (no offense) but I kinda also want Aizawa to be my homeroom teacher. You know, I wouldn't have the courage if it wasn't for you... So thank you. I owe you big time. And I gotta be honest with you. I'm kind of convinced now that you were right when you implied I look like him. Mfs from class 1-A were constantly giving me glances that shifted to me and Aizawa.

Y/n chuckled again and heard someone entering the room, but didn't bother to look. She continued to read:

Anyway, things unexpectedly got odder than it already were. Your friends with that boy Midoriya, right? I don't know if he said anything to you, but his quirk went crazy today and he said that I saved him or something. IDRC. I know I've said this before, but thank you and I hope that you're okay.

After responding, she proceeded to click on Todoroki's message, which she could already deduce was regarding her health. 

Hey, Y/n. You didn't ask, but I'm doing just fine and so is Eri, if you're worried. Oh, and so are the others. Listen, I know you would say that I should not concern myself with the problem of your health, but I hope you're looking after yourself. We've talked about this before, about the poisoning. It's because of your arc reactor. There's no easy way to say this without being harshly blunt, but it is best if you just go to the doctors to remove the shrapnel and your arc reactor. 

Nevertheless, the decision lies in you. Please, make the right decision. 

I have to get going, a certain someone keeps calling me. 

IHML.    /hj 

I wish you well. 

The young genius typed her response with a smile. "Chatting with your friends?" Dottie, who sat down beside her, asked with a smile.