𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄.

Sayuri ' Yuri ' Carter.
Chicago, Il
June 18th, 2020.

Yuri woke up with a heavy mind and and an even heavier heart as the thought of what today actually was settled in

Yuri woke up with a heavy mind and and an even heavier heart as the thought of what today actually was settled in. Zaire's death date. She looked over at the framed picture of him at her bed side of him mid laugh, he looked so happy and peaceful and now he was just gone.

Tearing her eyes away from the picture, she felt around the bed for hee phone, ultimately finding it on the floor on the other side of the bed

Tearing her eyes away from the picture, she felt around the bed for hee phone, ultimately finding it on the floor on the other side of the bed. Her phone was flooded with messages from everybody back in Detroit to Chicago. Von's was the first one she read, since he was a pinned conversation.

Dayvon 👩🏽‍❤️‍💋‍👨🏾       30 min ago.
Good morning pretty girl 💙
I know today hard for u but keep yo head up
if u need anything you kno im here for u
see you later.

Yuri sent a couple hearts back, responded to every message with the same response, she was too lazy to send anything else. Later, in the afternoon she planned to go down to the 31st street beach and release balloons for Zaire with everybody.

Accepting the FaceTime call through the group chat she shared with Mariah, Heaven, Kiki and now Laila. She appeared at the bottom of the screen rubbing her sleepy eyes Laila, appeared to be already be on.

"Hey pretty, Say Say!" Laila said softly, a few seconds later Heaven, Kiki and Mariah popped in. "I just wanna let you know I'm here for you boo, Von told me what today was."

"Thank you Lai," Yuri croaked her morning voice raspy as she forced a kind smile.

"Yes cuddy, you know all of us love you and we here for you and we gon see you later!" Kiki said obviously at work. " Ima call y'all back later tho cause all these people comin' in right now."

"Love you too," Yuri responded before she hung up.

"How you feelin' mama?" Mariah hummed. Yuri sighed shrugging her shoulders.

"It don't get no easier," she said lowly, "every year it feel like the pain get stronger, I just learn to deal with it. I know he ain't comin' back so.."