𝟎𝟎𝟔 . 𝗶𝘁 𝗵𝘂𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱

Magsimula sa umpisa

"No, they have their own chores too. Just do what I told you, Carlito. You spent too much freedom," Señora Pepa said as she placed her hand on her son's shoulder.

"Ugh, fine," he accepted as he groaned.

After that, they've now reached the door of Casita.

"Hola de nuevo, hija. I'm sorry if it takes a few minutes for us to come back. Carlos, go with her and help with the chores, okay?" she said as she looked at her son.

"Okay, ," he replied as he rolled his eyes.

"Good, take care of both of you," she said as she smiled at me.

"Likewise, Señora," I said with a smile. And we proceeded to go, and Carlos was by my side as we walked.

"Ugh, where's that dumb chameleon? Why should I do his chores?" he said in a whisper. Although, I can hear it. I just stayed silent as we walked.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

We had now arrived at my house, and I knocked at the door. And my mamá opened it.

"Oh, come on in. Thank you for coming... Carlos?" she said as if it were a question.

"Yes, Señora. I'm Carlos," he confirmed, and she nodded. After that, we come in and sit on the couch.

"It's just as right that you came because I need to go buy some food and other necessities for us. I'll just tell you what to do," she informed as she smiled, and Carlos nodded. When she finished saying the things we would do, she got ready to go out.

"(Y/N), please take care of this house and help Carlos. And watch out for your cousin's child," mamá said. Yeah, there is a baby in our house. That's why we need someone to help while we do some other chores.

"Yes, mamá," I accepted, and she left.

"Ay, Camilo was supposed to be here. I shouldn't do these things," he said.

"Stop with the complaints. It's just an easy task, and I can also help you if you are having a hard time doing it," I interrupted.

"Tsk, help me? I can do this alone," he scoffed as he grabbed the broom and spun it and then it fell. I tried not to laugh, but he caught me.

"What's funny?" he asked, with a judging look.

"Nothing," I answered as I still tried not to laugh.

"Whatever." He scoffed as he crossed his arms. After that, there were a few seconds of silence, and I finally spoke.

"So, do what we are supposed to do. Just ask me if there is a problem or if you want to ask about what we will do," I stated.

"Sure," he agreed as he grabbed the broom again to clean. And I started to look at my cousin's child as if she were asleep. Yep, she's asleep.

After that, we'll just do what we're going to do here.

While we were doing our chores, I heard that the baby was crying. So, I hurriedly went to her crib in our extra bedroom.

I carried the baby and gently patted her back, and I saw her slowly becoming calm.

As I carried the baby, I heard someone was coming closer in this room.

"Hey, what's that sound? Is that a baby? I think I- heard... it... here," Carlos said as he slowly said the words. He saw me carrying the baby as the sun rose through the window with the curtains flowing. Wait, yeah, exactly.

"I- yep. She's crying. Don't worry, she's fine now. You can do what you are doing," I reassured in a soft voice, and I smiled. As I spoke, I saw that he looked flustered.

"Oh- okay. Good then," he replied, stuttering, and proceeded to go.

As I saw the baby was sleeping, I finally carefully laid her down in her crib. I then return to what I was doing.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

A few hours later, we've finally finished our chores here. So, I guess it's time for Carlos to leave.

"Finally, done." He sighed as he sat on the couch.

"Yep," I said as I went to the kitchen. I prepared some snacks in the bag for him to take as he walked home. I consider this an appreciation for him, though.

When I finally finished, I went back to the living room.

"What time is it?" Carlos asked as he stood up and checked the clock.

"Oh, I should go since my job here is done," he added.

"Sure," I said

"Bye," he said as he went to the door and opened it.

"Ah yes, wait. Here, you can eat it now if you're hungry. Thank you for helping," I stated as I held his hand and put the snacks that I wrapped for him in his hand. I saw that he just stared, and I think his face was becoming red.

"Uh are you okay?" I asked with a curious expression.

"I- yes, I'm okay. Thank you for this as well. Good bye," he said, and he proceeded to go.

I nodded, and I closed the door.

After closing the door, I looked at the window to see if he had finally left, but I saw that he was still there, standing, staring at the snacks, and smiling. What's this boy smiling for? And finally, he left after that. Then, I returned to the living room.

"Phew, some rest," I mumbled as I sat on the couch, and I started to feel myself sleeping.

- End of Flashbacks -

After thinking about that moment, I shifted my position sideways.

"(Y/N), on that particular day. You don't have another time for him anymore because he is now engaged." I sighed, and I grabbed my pillow and put it on my face. Screaming.

Finally, I removed my pillow from my face and stared at the ceiling again. I'm thinking of something.

"Wait, what if I don't really fall in love with Camilo? But Carlos. I'm confused. Is it a different day?" I whispered.