Chapter Four: The Hunt

Start from the beginning

In a matter of seconds, Mike is tasked in the steel mill to find a spider so the Mind Flayer can have its own legs to walk around on, after being able to feel it... 'Corruption' makes someone 'fearless'. He wants Mike to catch it because the Mind Flayer can't reach the arachnid! The Mill, a dusty location where machines grind things into smaller pieces, Mike considers actually grabbing the small spider just with his hands, "Stop moving you little shit," but then decides to catch it with an empty jar so it can't escape and brings it to the pile of meat flesh!

The Mind Flayer begins to embody spider legs as well as already having its own cow fleshy meat base body with no head! A 'Corrupt' Mike is then also told to find the Mind Flayer a new lair, it needs to be a colder one! Mike is trying to think of a cold place for a bit...nearby? Cold, cold....let's see...um there's not too many places around here that are really cold-
He then knows one and chooses Scoops Ahoy, specifically the back storeroom at the Mall, it is usually empty like another basement.
He goes back outside with the miniature Mind Flayer following behind, the rain has stopped so he picks up his bike in the dirt but before riding it, the Mind Flayer attaches by wrapping itself around the stem and front headset!

Mike brings the tiny monster to the Mall to hide! It untangles itself and drops to the floor while he goes to try and open the front doors, Figures, of course, it is locked.
Mike then steps back and at this point doesn't know what else to do? He says that maybe... they should wait until the next day when it is open again? The Mind Flayer, however, is not going to waste time so just crawls forward and causes the two front doors to swing wide open- not even touching them!
To the boy's surprise, he is shocked! Wow! Ok, sure that's one way to get in. It then shapeshifts and shrinks its body to fit into the drains and pipes which lead to the back room inside, preferring to do that than crawl all the way over there! While Mike breaks in, this time funny enough a door is still left open...the unlocked back door of the ice-cream parlour? The grotesque monster, who once in the designated spot... soon changes its size to be humongous...and only speaks in a dark voice, "Bring Him to me...."

[🎶Based on characters by the Duffer Brothers and an Netflix original series/ Winona Ryder/David Harbour/ Finn Wolfhard/ Millie Bobby Brown/ Gaten Matarazzo/ Caleb McLaughlin/ Noah Schnapp/ Sadie Sink/ Jack Dylan Grazer/ Natalia Dyer/ Joe Keery/ Maya Hawke/ Cara Buono/ Priah Ferguson / Brett Gelman with Tom Holland, Elijah Wood and Matthew Modine...🎶]

The next day, El back at her home looks at the clock again, it was after 9, where was Mike? Hopper makes a joke to her that Mike can't read the time... since the power went out last night, the clocks had to be reset because of the power outage. He tells her while eating a bowl of Cheerios cereal leaning against a bottom cupboard that she can go to the event at the Mall if she wants, there will be candy there since she has nothing else to do that day. She trusts Mike enough to not spy on him in the void. Becoming restless she walks out onto the porch to look around. Maybe she would see him coming through the woods on his bike? She paces around and when there is no sign of him, she begins to worry. What if he fell off his bike and got hurt? or What if he's sick? She thought to herself. She continues to pace back and forth on the porch becoming more frightened by the minute! Hopper is pleased to see that there is now some distance between the pair. Ecstatic as he thinks that Mike hasn't seen her here since he last talked to him! At his house, at the same time, Mike is boyfriend material but wearing a deep blue gingham and yellow striped flannelette shirt which isn't his normal choice of clothing....is also pacing back and forth in his basement but instead trying to think of a way to lure Will back to the Mind Flayer?!