“Very well, sir,” she nods and takes the money. “You two have a lovely evening and please come back and see us.”

“Thank you,” My boyfriend waves as she walks away. “Do you think she’ll keep that money?” He asks when she’s out of earshot.

I shake my head as I pull out my phone, “No, these are good people here.”

It only takes a minute to let the driver know we don’t need him and then we’re out the back door.

Henry and I link our finger as soon as we’re outside. The late spring weather is perfect for taking a stroll. And since no one knows we left the restaurant, we won’t be bothered. It’s dark and no one really notices faces. Even with big city lights, everyone is too preoccupied with their own lives to notice anyone else.

The walk is slow enough that we get to talk for a while. And just like every time before, the conversation is easy. But no matter how long we actually take, we get home too soon. I think I could have spent hours with him just walking and holding hands and talking and just being us. He makes life seamless.

As soon as we get into the flat, I lightheartedly call out to our roommate, but don’t receive an answer. The second time I don’t get a response, I find a note of the counter. It makes me laugh when I read over it:

Blenry,
I took the time to give you guys a couple name. You. Are. Welcome.
On a less awesome note, Maya and I decided that you shouldn’t be the only ones to have fun. We left you - at least for the night. Okay, only for the night. We’re having a girls’ night. Feel free to be as loud as you want. We won’t be home until late. You’ll probably be going to work as we come home.
(This means you can have loud sex.)
I love you both,
Ella

Handing it off to my new boyfriend, I take off my jacket and drape it over the back of the closest couch. As he reads it over with a smile on his face, I unbutton my cuffs and push up my sleeves.

He finally gets done with it and places it back on the counter, shaking his head, before taking off his own jacket.

As he places his next to mine, I snake my arms around his waist and look up into his eyes, “I would ask you if you wanted to watch a movie,” I throw in a wink, “but we both have to work in the morning.”

I continue to hold on as he unbuttons his own cuffs.

He chuckles as he wraps his arms around me, pressing me to his body, “Truly unfortunate.” He fakes a sigh and shakes his head, “What if we never see each other again?”

“Mm,” I agree and place my lips on his quickly, “I can’t let that happen. I’m just going to have to keep you with me so you can’t escape.”

He laughs again, “Is that right?” I nod as he continues, “What are you going to do – sit at the end of my bed?”

“Better,” I comment.

Henry tilts his head slightly, “And what’s better than that?”

“You’re just going to have to sleep in my room with me.”

He doesn’t even miss a beat as he pretends to consider it, “I guess it would have its advantages.”

“I agree. Do share yours.”

“Well,” he starts as he trails his hands up my back and then down my arms until he catches my elbows, “you would be able to keep an eye on me – make sure I don’t run away.” He moves my hands up so they’re around his neck and then looks down at me with a hitched eyebrow, “I won’t have to use cell phone minutes if I have a question.” That one makes me smile. He starts to trail his hands back down my side, “There’s safety in numbers.” As I chuckle, his fingertips find the curve of my butt and his palm rest on my hips, “And I can do this.”