you're the reason

Start from the beginning

Her eyes widen and she says "I adore that movie!"

We both smile to each other and she says "Oh, right. We should probably go find Marc."

I nod and she says "You can... I guess get on the back of my bike?"

I climb on behind her and she quickly gassed it as I loop my arms around her torso. She stares ahead, utterly confused at my personality.

I shout to her over traffic "You have very beautiful curls!"

She looks back to me briefly with an odd look on her face. She looks ahead and says "Thanks?!"

We continue driving and the broach points us in the correct direction. She skids to a stop and I look around saying "It's completely dead here. There's nothing here."

She says "There's gotta be something here."

I look to her and say "Did you just get a chill down your spine too? I don't think this is a good idea."

"Come on, before I call you a weenie again."

"I hate that word."

"Weenie. Weeniiieeeee." She taunts.

I glare at her and she says "Would you prefer.... baaaakkk..... bakkk.. you chicken." She continues making chicken noises and I push her shoulder

She says "Your backup could find us, need be?"

I shrug and Sorah says "Of course she can you idiot. Caroline always finds us."

I look to Layla and say "Yeah. For sure.."

She grabs my wrist saying "Come on weenie."

"I despise you."

"Good. The feelings mutual."

We step into the large structure and I freeze as I see about a few hundred people. My anxiety growing rapidly. This is a shit ton of people.

"Where is the scarab?!" the man shouts as we quietly approach. I mutter to Layla "This is a bad idea. Such a bad idea. Oh god. Let's go back. This is a bad, very bad idea."