I turn to take a glance at the clock: 11:38 a.m. Damn the period has hardly begun and we are already being taught quite a difficult subject in Physics.

***

I got to the next class as the teacher, Mr. Cobbwell urged us to sit. I take a seat at one of the tables and rested my head on my arms. Soon enough Mr. Cobbwell's voice put me to sleep.

"Today we'll be talking about Danish physicist Niels Bohr, but trust me, there is nothing Bohr-ing..."

I am woken by somebody elbowing my side, somebody wants to die today. I sit up seeing Parker elbowing me to wake up before the sir notices.

"Parker, how do we have so many subjects together... Like damn, you were in Physics too."

"Pure luck probably," he smiles sheepishly.

I look down at the page in front of Peter. "Stupid, I don't know what you are trying to accomplish but with those liquids and measurements, you'll only get some Orange mixture, if you mixed that with most fluids, all that would happen is it would spill out of the beaker," I whisper to him.

"Oh, uh I guess you're right aren't you, where did you learn that?" He chuckles.

"Well, my old school practiced in scientific developments, give me that." I take the notebook from him, rubbing out most of the formulas with an eraser and fixing it here and there, correcting the measurements and adding one key liquid.

I hand him back his notebook. And carry on with the daydreaming, Science isn't difficult when you were experimented on, is it? Once again I look at the clock. How... It's only 12:35. Time hardly passed since I fell asleep.

***

I walk into the cafeteria with the lunch I packed this morning, I noticed Liz standing on a ladder, trying to hang a banner over the cafeteria walls. I walk over to her offering my help.

"Is there any way I can repay your tour guide from this morning by helping you hang any banners?"

"Oh- no-no-no don't worry about that, I know how confusing it can be somewhere new. I'm almost done I just can't reach this final spot!"

"Oh, let me have a try at it." Liz steps down from the ladder as I climbed up it, she held the ladder tightly so that I could step on the highest part of the ladder. Teamwork makes the dream work! After I hung the banner I carefully stepped down the ladder. 

Liz looked at me and questioned," I know you're new and all, but do you have a date planned for the homecoming...?"

"Maybe ask me that again in a week, I've hardly settled in."

"Ok fine... But believe me, you're quite attractive, I'm sure the boys will be swooning around you in no time." She picks the ladder up and makes her way to the cafeteria doors. "Until next time!"

I open my lunch, but I decide I'm not hungry.

***

I wander down the halls, hearing commotion coming from inside the auditorium. This might be interesting. I walked in seeing a poster hanging on the auditorium wall. It is for the Academic Decathlon nationals taking place in Washington D.C. on October 13-15. The Decathlon practice is commencing. Liz is standing at a podium, reading quiz cards. Ned and three other people accompany her on the stage, bells are placed in front of them.