🎶Max Verstappen - Honey, Honey

Start from the beginning

Y/n walked into the hotel lobby. It was about three in the morning and her friends were all asleep in their rooms and here she was, in her robe, in the hotel lobby. She was struggling to sleep so she simply sat writing in her journal. She got many strange glances but she didn't care. She was who she was. "What are you writing?" She heard a voice say. Y/n looked up from her page, her eyes landing on the dutchman. She was in complete awe of the man right in front of her. She knew him. Well, she knew of him but she wanted to know some more. "You're-" She paused. "You're Max Verstappen." She said breathlessly. Max smiled and nodded. His hair was messy and his eyes were practically shut. "You don't mind if I sit here, do you?" Y/n shook her head. "Not at all. Be my guest." Max lay back on the chair a bit more. The two had some chit chat for the good part of an hour. It was like they had nothing to stop talking about. One conversation would lead to another, all as Y/n continued to write and Max continued to lay on the sofa. "So what are you writing anyway?" He asked. "I'm writing about the race." She replied.

"Three laps behind a safety car, then rain for three more hours. I've cut it down for you." Max joked, earning a laugh from his new found companion. "Spa is usually interesting. I was looking forward to it but I guess it was for your own safety." Y/n says. Max shrugged his shoulders. "I could have done it." She laughed. "I have no doubt about it but hey, better safe than sorry." Max nodded. It became silent between the two. It wasnt uncomfortable, it was more so calming. There was an unspoken understanding that both weren't in the mood for talking but both needed company. "Might I ask your name?" Max asked, breaking the silence. "Y/n. I'm Y/n Y/l/n." Max looked back to her and smiled. "What a pretty name." She felt a soft blush creeping up onto her cheeks as he complimented her.

"Tell me Ms. Y/l/n, why are you in a hotel lobby in your bath robe?" He asked. Y/n pulled a face. "I just am." Max chuckled. "Now come on. You don't expect me to believe that." Y/n thought about it for a moment. "I don't know. I just like being spontaneous I guess. I like doing whatever I think about. I'm also incredibly lonely since all my friends kinda-" Y/n stopped herself from speaking any further, not wanting to use Max Verstappen as her temporary therapist. "Kinda what?" He asked. "No, no. It's fine. They're just in their rooms." She insisted, starting to sketch a figure in her journal. "And you expect me to believe they're just in their rooms?" Y/n chewed at the inside of her lip. "Theyr erupting some random guys, aren't they?"

Y/n erupted into laughter. Max couldn't help but smile along with her. "Yes, yes they are. I told them not to because God only knows what those guys have or where their things have been." Max lay back, his legs now spread a but more than before. "You feel left out so your down here." Y/n moved her hand to make a 50/50 signal. "Kind of. I didn't exactly wanna fuck any of those guys. There wasn't enough for all of us so I just let them at it." Y/n continued drawing, the lines ever so slightly turning into Max, bit by bit. "Do you want someone to fuck?" He asked. Y/n's eyes widened at his question. "Why the sudden interest?" She asked, trying to keep it cool. "Well, I'm kind of in the same predicament. I'd say this would be a win/win." Y/n thought about it. It seemed like a good idea. She wouldn't be left out in the morning when her friends would be gushing over it. "So, how about it Y/l/n? Sound like a plan?" Max outstretched his hand for her to take. It took her a few seconds but eventually, she agreed. She grabbed his hand, grinning like a dope. "Sounds like a plan, Verstappen."

"Why did you stop reading, Mama?" Johan asked. Y/n's cheeks flushed a deep red. "I- I just can't. That's all. The next part of this is a secret." She quickly said. "But we want to read some more!" Eline protested. "Maybe another day. You guys need to go get ready for bed. You've got school tomorrow, don't you?" They all groaned before Max joined in on the ushering. "Now, now, come on. You have to listen to your mother. Let's go! I'll be up to read you your stories in no time!" Max said as the three disappointed children waddled out of the living room and up the stairs. Y/n let out a sigh of relief to see them gone. That feeling didn't last long though, as she soon caught a glimpse of Max's stupid grin. "Don't even think about it." She said. "Oh don't worry, I'm reading all about our little first encounter later when you're asleep."

"Nothing filthy. You were just so, so sweet that night." Y/n said, pulling Max in by the collar of his shirt. "My, oh, my, where did the time go?" Max grumbled. "I'm kidding, but I can't lie, it was the cutest one night stand I've ever had. You just kept asking if I was alright." A smile crept onto Max's face. "That's the bare minimum. You have low standards." He laughed. "It wasn't even that! It was the kiss goodnight, the way you held me afterwards, I literally fell in love." Max got up. "That's a lie-" She gasped. "You calling me a liar?"

"Well I'm not calling you a truther!" He retaliated. "Look, I would love to go and argue some more but we have three kids waiting on bed time stories so, i gotta go." Y/n watched him lovingly as he walked out of the door only to reappear moments later. "I'm all yours when they're asleep though." He said suggestively, followed by a wink. "Go read to your kids!" Y/n squealed as Max disappeared once again, leaving her to wonder how on earth she ever got so lucky.

A/N: the first ABBA oneshot! How we feeling about it?