I lurched forwards but tightened my grip so I wouldn't hurt myself or the wounds Vernon gave me. I winced a little as I felt one of the knife wounds reopen, I tried to cover it up but unfortunately Stan saw it. "Are you hurt kid?" he asked, his tone was neutral, but his eyes showed a bit of worry. "I'm fine, don't worry about me." I replied smoothly, the words coming to me easy like they were ingrained in my mind.

Which they probably were now that I think about it. He didn't look all too convinced but let it slide. In an effort to change the topic, I asked how much money I needed to pay. "That would be 16 sickles, and 4 knuts please. Also is your eye okay, that wound looks bad." I sighed and gave him the correct amount of money, I knew someone would ask soon enough, I just hoped it wasn't going to be this soon. 

"Do you promise to swear to secrecy? To share nothing about what I'm going to tell you?" I asked with desperation in my voice. He looked at me for a moment then nodded and took out his wand. "I, Stan Shunpike, conductor of the Knightbus, swear secrecy to..." he stopped for a second and I knew I had to say who I was, I sighed,

"Harry Potter" I looked down at my lap, but all he did was continue. "Harry James Potter, and that I will keep everything he says to me a secret, and to tell no one of this information in any way, so mote it be." As he finished, his wand tip glowed a bright white, and I could feel the magic surround me.

It felt nice for some reason, like the magic was trying to comfort me. I saw Stan looking at me expectantly, and I sighed. "My uncle tends to be a bit...rough at times, and a few days ago he came home a bit drunk and he...beat...me, and he used a knife and made this wound over my eye along with others."

I looked down face wet with tears, I hadn't known I'd been crying. I felt Stan put his hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see his soft expression. I could also see well hidden anger in his eyes which I assumed was aimed at Vernon.

"I know this probably isn't the best thing to say to an abused kid, but you're gonna be okay. I may not know how to help much, but I can heal the minor wounds. If that's okay with you?" He asked in a soft voice.

I looked at him for a moment, before nodding. "Sure" I said, crying softly. Stan took his wand out and pointed it at my eye muttering a spell I didn't know. I felt the blood go and my wound close, when I opened my eye Stan gasped and I looked at him confused.

Stan gave me a pained look, and offered me a mirror. When I looked into it, I felt my body go numb while my mind raced. 'How did I not notice this? Surely, I would've felt it right?' I felt tears running down my face. 'At least I still have one eye' I thought bitterly.

I felt Stan wipe my tears away gently with a cloth, then continue to heal me while my body was numb to touch. "Kid, we're here" Stan said gently. I came back to my senses and looked around seeing the Leaky Cauldron.

Stan gave me my trunk and a bandage. I wrapped the bandage around my head covering my missing eye, grabbed my trunk and said thank you to Stan. "No problem kid." He replied with a small smile.

I smiled back and waved goodbye, then got off the Knightbus. I walked into the Leaky Cauldron and to the wall where the entrance to Diagon Ally was. I tapped the correct bricks with my wand and waited for the gateway to open then walked through. I made my way past all the shops towards Gringotts.

I bowed my head in respect when I passed the goblin guards and walked into the building heading towards a free teller. "Hello Sir, I would like to make a withdraw from my vault please" I said politely, waiting for the goblin to respond.

He looked at me shocked for a second before asking for my name. I looked at his nameplate on the desk, "Harry Potter teller Sharptooth" I stated. He looked at me for a moment before shouting in a language I assumed was goblin speech.