Part 2

As soon as I stepped into my apartment, I dropped my bag onto the couch, and stumbled off to my bedroom.

I stopped briefly, looking at the picture of my family I had hanging up in the hall. My mother, father, and twin brothers died in a car crash 12 years ago, when I was 4.

I shook my head and went to bed. Stupid alcohol. Stupid club. Stupid Abby.

The next morning my head felt like it was filled with lead. I groaned and sat up, and walked gingerly to the kitchen. There were two messages on the machine, so I hit the play back button while I got a glass of water. The first was from Abby;

Hey Rose! Where and when did you go last night? Call me back, we have a lot to talk about.

The next was from a number I didn't recognize;

Hey, you probably don't remember me, but I got your number from your friend. So, if you want to get to together sometime, call me back.

I laughed out loud at that one, even though it hurt my head.

"Stupid guy," I muttered, and deleted it from the machine, and dialed Abby's number.

"Hello?" Abby said from the other end.

"Hey, Abbs, it's me," I replied, sitting on the couch.

"Hey! Where'd you go last night?!" she shrieked, making me jerk the phone away from my ear.

"Home, one of the bartenders gave me a spiked drink or something," I told her.

"That's no fun. Who was that guy that asked for your number? Hmm?" I could almost see her smirking and wiggling her eyebrows like she always did.

"He helped me get a cab last night, so I could get home. Listen Abby, I have a major headache right now, so I gotta go." I said, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Okay, I'm stopping by later!" she shrieked once more, before I hung up. I switched on the small tv I had, and turned it to the news.

Coincidentally, there was an article that showed a picture of the club last night. I tuned the woman's voice out, and focused on the part of the club they were showing.

The back.

Faintly, you could see me, along with the guy, just outside the exit.