TGCF Extra - Chapter 249 - 252

Start from the beginning

Xie Lian was simply unable to bear it any longer, and opened his mouth, saying, "Excuse me......"
As one, the two people turned their heads and looked at him. Xie Lian said, "Please forgive this one for being presumptuous. Excuse me, what's in this box?"
That person said, "Haven't I said it already. It's Xie Lian inside."
Xie Lian did not understand: "But...... Isn't Xie Lian the taizi dianxia?"
The two people seemed to find it very funny, saying, "No one said he wasn't the crown prince ah. He always was to begin with. Look!" Saying that, they opened the box.
Xie Lian's eyes widened. Unexpectedly, within that wooden box, was a tiny worship altar, and within that altar was a plain and rustic-looking statuette of a god, of a cultivator dressed in white with a
straw hat on his back. He did not recognise it.
"......" Xie Lian was completely unable to comprehend it, and said, "Are you saying that this statuette is of the Xianle crown prince, Xie Lian?"
"Who else?"
Other people had started to gather around, one after another, half of them looking at him as though he was a rare one: "You young people are really strange, and you look like a cultivator too, so how is it that you don't even know such a simple thing?"
The other half were looking at this "statuette of a god": "Wow! The carving of this scrap-picking immortal is not bad! Looks woeful enough."
"Yes, full of tragedy and woe. One look and you immediately feel that it's a likeness of misfortune!"
"Great, great! The uglier it looks like now, then it would look even better when that other one helps him break away. Display them together for eight days at most and the results will show."
"....."
With ignorance, Xie Lian said, "Scrap-picking immortal? How did he become a scrap-picking immortal?"
The surrounding crowd said, "Cultivator, you really are very strange ah! Xie Lian was always a scrap-picking immortal to begin with!"
"......"
Xie Lian was generally not someone who was easily angered, but at that moment, he felt slightly annoyed.

Anyone who listened to other people laugh and mock them for picking scraps wouldn't feel very happy about it. In a moment, he stood up, and in a deep voice said, "Does everyone have some dissatisfactions with the Xianle royal family? Even if there is, the way you're insulting the crown prince like this, is not in keeping with etiquette."
The crowd looked at each other, and laughed at him, saying, "What are you saying? In keeping with which country's etiquette? Xianle country was destroyed more than eight hundred years ago!"
......
An hour later, Xie Lian was still in somewhat of a muddle as he walked down the main street.
It was too frightening. Everything he had received just now, was simply too frightening as far as he
was concerned.
"How was Xianle country destroyed? Aren't my royal father and mother still alive and well? And how could it have been destroyed by me? I lost a battle? I destroyed my country? And I was cast down twice? I became a scrap-picker?"
He questioned himself over and over again, and told himself over and over again: It was impossible. Impossible. Impossible!
He tried to convince himself: "All of this simply isn't real, there must be some villain making trouble behind the scenes."
However, everything felt off-kilter: The strange accents, the strange clothing and the strange buildings, and even the strange Feng Xin and Mu Qing, all of them were telling him that this was not a nightmare, and this place was also not some illusion. No demon or monster would have been able to create such a vast and realistic illusion.
Eight hundred years had really gone by.
How could eight hundred years have just gone by? How did he become like this after eight hundred years?
Xianle country was destroyed; his royal father and mother were dead; Feng Xin and Mu Qing had ascended. And he had become a scrap-picker.
How did it become like this?
It couldn't be like this. It shouldn't have been like this!
Xie Lian walked faster and faster, until, in the end, he had begun to run, as though a vast and boundless darkness was pressing hard behind him, about to devour him. Suddenly, a red silhouette flashed by, and a lanky figure appeared before his eyes, saying, "Daozhang, where did you go? I searched high and low for you for a long while."

It was San-lang. He was still smiling, and as he said that he made to come over and take Xie Lian's hand, but upon seeing him, Xie Lian felt goosebumps rise all over his body, and he yelled loudly, "Don't come near me!!!"
His cry had an immediate effect. San-lang paused, but his expression did not change. He said, "What's wrong?"
Xie Lian clenched his fists tightly, and coldly said, "Just who the hell are you? What do you plan to do?"
San-lang said, "I had thought that we had gotten along quite well yesterday, and no longer cared about these small bothers."
Xie Lian said, "You lied to me."
After a moment of silence, San-lang said, "So you already know."
Xie Lian said, "I already know that it's now......" Eight hundred years later.
Typically, he would not have taken so long before realising that those things were not quite right, but this person had deliberately kept things from him, keeping him charmed and deceived and confused until he couldn't even have figured out which way was north; otherwise, how could he had discovered the truth only after a day?
San-lang took a step towards him, saying, "Dianxia."
Xie Lien took many more steps back, yelling, "Don't come closer!!! If you come any closer, I'll hit you!" Both his voice and his body were trembling. Xie Lian was extremely terrified.
What he was terrified of wasn't some demon or monster, nor was it of the man before him who could mean good or evil. He was terrified of this entire, strange world. In this world, he was without glory that he could be proud of, without loyal subjects, without his parents who loved him dearly, without his own country, without believers who loved and respected him. Nothing, nothing, he had absolutely nothing!
But San-lang took yet another step towards him, saying, "Don't be afraid, dianxia." "......"
Hearing this sentence, Xie Lian's expression changed.
He suddenly recalled, within those fragmented memories, the man who said in a deep voice by his ear, "Don't be afraid, dianxia."
How could he not have realised it?
The manner of speech and voice of both men, were identical!