Dreamers - One-Shot

A/N I take no credit for the characters or the dialogue, that goes to @bamboozling, however the description and location is mine. :)

I walked down the hallway with Emma by my side. To my great displeasure she was decked out in everything Disney. She was wearing Mickey Mouse ears, a Mickey Mouse top and a pair of Mickey Mouse embossed jeans. Thankfully she was only wearing normal black flats.

To be honest I wasn't entirely sure why I was walking with her. By this point, I would normally have walked away but some unknown force had kept me by her side.

People were looking our way, and they were looking at me. Mostly because I was walking alongside the Disney freak. Without looking at Emma I sighed, "People are staring."

She rolled her eyes at me. "Your point?" She asked, tiredly. "You're an idiot. I'm glad I'm not friends with you." I said as I opened my locker exchanging my Maths books for my Geography books, as Geography was my next lesson.

Emma took her books out from her locker next to me. I'd never realised that her locker was next to me until now. "You're rude. Seriously. You're like Jafar or someone equally as douche-y."

That offended me. "Don't insult me. I'm cooler than Jafar." She probably did the biggest gasp I had ever heard. "So, you know who Jafar is?"

Okay so maybe I slipped up a bit there. I rolled my eyes and huffed as I shut my locker. I put my back against it and turned towards her as she continued to speak.

"Knew it! You're a Disney fan, too! That's so cute! Aww, and you tried to pretend you hated it. Let me guess, you sing Let It Go in the shower, don't you?" Okay, so maybe I occasionally let out a few bars of Disney songs in the shower but I wasn't going to let her know that.

"Shut up, I do not. I'm not a prepubescent girl with no life." That was a bit risque I guess, but it just slipped out. At that moment the bell rang and I picked up my bag ready to go when I turned back to Emma.

To my surprise she wasn't showing her blinding smile that could compete with the power of the suns rays, she was crying. I lifted her chin up to face me. "Ah, shit. I'm sorry. Don't cry. Please? Not in public at least. It's bad enough that you're wearing Mickey Mouse ears."

Yet again. I'm incredibly stupid. I actually let those words pass through my mouth without stopping or at least censoring them. She had carried on crying however and I felt absolutely terrible. Then the only thing I could think of passed through my lips. "Please stop crying."

She then somehow stopped crying all at once in a rather creepy way and stared at me with a straight face. "I'm not crying, idiot. I was seeing if you had a soul. Good thing is, you do. That means you're still viable." She exclaimed happily.

"For what?" I asked concerned as I started to walk away. She didn't reply so I turned around to see her staring at me with a large smile etched onto her face. "Don't smile at me like that. It's creepy."

After I said that she turned around and walked away. And even though I was late to my next class, for some reason I didn't care.

--

A/N Thanks for reading this! This is my entry for the Dreamers one-shot competition hosted by @HiMyNameIsNotSteve (on the account @bamboozling ) I hope you enjoy. The reference to Disney in this was the clothes Emma was wearing and the song Let It Go! Thanks x