𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐝𝐞𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

WARNINGS: depictions of violence, you being a hopeless romantic

lasencinasoneshots i hope this lives up to your expectations!
—————————————————————

Memories.

They're a funny thing. The way your mind can capture moments in time and keep them stowed away somewhere in your mind.

We all hope to have good memories stick with us. Highschool dances, first kiss, first dance. Core memories. The good ones.

Memories can be beautiful. Draw you into a capsule full of recollections of time. But not all memories are good memories.

Abuse is something that no one should have to experience. Maddy was one of the very unfortunate people in the world that had to experience the toll it took on a person.

Abuse sticks with a person. The feeling that you were just somebody's puppet always nagging at the back of your mind. Forever. Abuse may stop but the memories don't.

Maddy never knew how she had ended up in this unfortunate situation. When she met Nate, he was just a normal guy. He treated her like a princess, bought her stuff, acted like a gentleman.

But Nate was never normal. There was always something wrong with him. Everyone can testify to that statement.

Nate had been known to overreact. His anger issues were known to explode at times. Nate never could really help it, it was like he was hardwired like that.

Maddy was the one person you thought he would never put his hands on maliciously. Oh boy, were you wrong.

You had always had a crush on Maddy. You never knew if you wanted to be her or be with her. Turns out it was the latter. So when she knocked at your door at 12 in the morning sobbing, you took her in with open arms.

Literally.

She knocked on your door, her vision clouded by tears. After a few minutes, you opened the door.

"Maddy?"

"What took you so long?"

"I-It's 12 in the morning. Are you ok?"

Her gaze, which was previously fixated on the ground, was now on you. Tears started spilling from her eyes as you stepped out in the cold and wrapped her in your arms.

She clutched your shirt in her hand as she sobbed into your shoulder. She hated feeling like this. But if she was gonna be vulnerable, you best believe it wasn't gonna be with anybody other than you.

"Mads, Maddy what happened?"

You moved your head to where you were facing her. You cradled the side of her face with your hand as her hand slowly reached for the collar of her hoodie. She pulled down the fabric revealing a deep purple bruise wrapping around her neck.

"Jesus, Maddy! He did this?" She nodded and buried her face back into your shoulder.

"I'll kill him. I'm gonna kill him."