The whole Story

Locked In DigitalSummary:

A day goes bad to worse for 14 year old Izuku Midoriya, as he wakes up trapped in a computer simulation with nine different Horror games. The only objective given by the madman who locked him in? Beat all nine games, or be deleted.

A year later, a very different Izuku shows up at the Gates of UA to take the entrance exam.

What horrors has he faced?

Notes:

(See the end of the work for and .)

: Zero-Day PatchChapter Text

Uraraka Ochako rushed up the front steps of UA, heart thumping in her chest.

'Today is the day! The first step! All I have to do is pass the entrance exam. I can do this. I know it!'

Pumping herself up, she jogged down the path to the building, her eyes flashing over the people who were walking with her. From attention-grabbing blonde spikes, to pink skin, and even a towering teen with six arms.

And then her eyes passed over him and something deep in her skull tingled, a warning. Instinct, flickering on and making her notice the teen walking ahead of her.

He looked almost fragile. Short, thin, and most of his form hidden by a dark tan jacket with a fake fur collar that reached halfway up his cheeks, revealing only the barest smattering of freckles. He had earbuds in, his loosely spiked green hair falling to cover the rest of his face from the cheekbones up. Aside from the loose black slacks, and tan jacket, the only thing visible about him was the long boxy case slung over his shoulder. Likely tools or gear for the physical exam; if she was right, they were allowed if built by the applicant.

Beyond that was something about his stance. He moved with a weird silent grace, his steps surefooted. There was a tension to his frame, though.

As she jogged by his eye darted her way, deep fathomless green and black focusing on her, before flicking back forwards.

She wondered why she felt like she was being acknowledged, and then dismissed.

Breaking free from her thoughts, she passed the teen, hearing the faint bassbeat of his music as she passed within reaching distance.

'Why did he look familiar.... Dammit, I can worry later. Exam now!'

"No built-in cheat of a Quirk, no hero here to save you, and a drive to be somebody. Oh, you will work wonderfully."

"What? Sir... Who are you?"

"Heh, kid. Because the world isn't ready, and I'm tired of waiting. I want to see it. The end of all my work."

"What is it!? What do you want from me!?"

"I want you to become a survivor. I want you to win."

Tenya breathed deeply and slowly as he listens to Present Mic explain. However, he was interrupted from his thoughts by a very faint almost imperceptible sound from the side of the room. A slow repetitive sound. A rasp, metal on stone, he believed.

It took a few seconds for him to identify it, but when he did he frowned. A figure to the side, sitting on the very end of the very back row, a blade and sheath half-drawn in his lab, though the shape was too far and too awkwardly angled to make out. At the very least he could say it wasn't a katana. A ring with a flat stone plane sliding over its edge. If not for his acute hearing, he may have even missed it under Present Mic's voice. And if he could hear it, he guaranteed that most of the other people near the teen would also hear it, possibly drowning out the Instructions! What a diabolical plan to get a one up over the competition! In fact, Mic's words offered another question!