01; zaizen yukio

"Umi-chan, are you ready yet?"

Zaizen Yukio stood in front of the Gojo household, with a Jujutsu Tech uniform fit on her slender. body. Two bags were slung across her shoulders--a long black duffel and a ragged-looking backpack. 

Yukio had been waiting for her best friend, Fushiguro Megumi, for fifteen minutes. She was a punctual person, and always arrived at his house at seven-thirty in the morning each weekday. Megumi was always late, since he missed his alarm almost every day. Knowing that Yukio was waiting for him outside, he usually took even more time just to annoy her.

"Hey, Yuki-chan!"

Gojo Satoru walked out of his home, keys in hand. He was dressed in slacks and a dress shirt; his usual attire for his workday. His glasses were slipping down his nose, while he looked down to pat the girl on the head. 

"Waiting for Megumi?" he asked, and took a sip of his coffee. 

"Yeah," she confirmed, and peered into the house. "What's taking him so long?"

Gojo jabbed his thumb back. "He was walking behind me when I came out, so he should be here soon." Gojo slid into his car, and stuck his head out of the window. "You sure you guys don't want a ride to school?"

Yukio shook her head, and yawned. "I'm fine. I need to get my morning jog in, anyway."

The teacher chuckled, and reached out to pat her head fondly again. "Alright! See you in class, Yuki-chan!" Yukio watched Gojo pull out of the mansion, and drive away down the road.

"Oh, you're here, Yu-chan."

Yukio turned, and narrowed her head at the ravenette walking towards her. Megumi's hair was tousled, because he never bothered to brush it in the mornings. His uniform was messy and not buttoned correctly, which was how he wore it on a daily. His tie was loose, and his shirt was unbuttoned a bit to show his black undershirt. Over it all was the dark blue blazer, which was the neatest-looking thing of all of his clothes.

"I'm always here," Yukio said, and began to walk down the street without him. "Thanks to you being late every day, I get my morning jog in."

"You're very welcome," Megumi replied. He took longer strides so he was walking at the same pace as her. "I still don't get it. Doesn't the kendo team have early morning practices? You don't go to any of them."

Yukio yawned, and scratched the top of her head. She shuffled the black bag on her left shoulder to make it more comfortable. "I'm excused from them."

"Why?" Megumi made a face. "You're not that good."

"Umi-chan, I'll take out my shinai and slice your head off."

"You're so violent in the mornings," Megumi said. He shook his head disapprovingly, and wrapped his arm around his best friend. "Yu-chan, this isn't how you're supposed to treat your favorite friend."

Yukio snorted. "Good thing you aren't, Bakagumi." Megumi grimaced at her longtime nickname, and swatted her side.

"I thought we were over that nickname!" he protested.

"It's the most fitting for you, I think." Yukio glanced at her phone, which showed that they had only ten minutes to get to school. "Ah, time to run!" Without a warning, she began sprinting down the street, and leaving Megumi far behind her.