𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎

Start from the beginning

But she had already witnessed the unspoken interaction.

"Ah," she sighed, "Miss Penelope Featherington and Miss Eloise Bridgeton. Quite the pair, both families go through quite some scandals. Miss Eloise's sister two years ago married a Duke, one that I had raised myself."

Florence stares at her in disbelief, well she had heard of the Bridgertons, who hadn't. Although the gossip was limited because it was Sweden she was still aware of London gossip. And to marry a Duke was impressive.

"Do you raise Dukes often?"

"A Duchess wanting to marry a Duke? How strange."

"I'm not a Duchess, and I don't want to marry anyone." Florence states, she watches Lady Danbury's face twists as if in confusion.

"Well, if that is what you want I suppose I should make myself sparse. It was wonderful talking to you, maybe we will see eachother again as the season progresses."

And with that Lady Danbury was gone, Florence turned around to try and catch her but failed, she was already gone, Florence turned around with a sigh before being met with a new face.

"Knulla." (Fuck/shit) She whispers, before recognising the woman from before, its not Cressida which she is overally thankful for, but a Bridgerton.

"So you are the Swedish one Whistledown writes about!" Eloise exclaims, and Florence is thankful for the music that stills hold people's attention to dances.

"Nice to meet you too." Florence groans. Eloise's face falls.

"Oh sorry, I'm El-"

"Eloise! What are you doing?" A random voice calls, it is a soft but aggravated tone.

Eloise turns to the direction of the voice as Florence does, and as she does Florence regrets it. Infront of her is one of the most handsome men she has ever seen, his anxieties have creased his brows but when he lands his eyes on his sister, she supposes Eloise is his sister, they unfurrow and his face relaxes. Florence could watch his expressions all day, as she realizes her own thoughts she is quickly repulsed and drops her gaze from him.

He is now standing by Eloise, and his gaze falls to Florence, and she falls as if she is being burnt alive under his stare, she wonders if her cheeks are embarrassingly dusted pink, she prays not, she doesn't even know his name yet. And that little yet keeps her going.

"Oh whose your friend?" He flashes her a smile, and she smiles slightly back but both can see the hesitation behind it. Eloise rolls her eyes.

"Forgive my brother, Benedict I thought I told you to tell Mama I was with Penelope." She directs the last part of her statement to her brother.

"Well I did but then Colin disappeared and then she got all panicked, she bought four of her children with her today, and then the only remaining was me." Benedict argued, it seemed that as the two argued they had completely forgotten about Florence, she would take this opportunity to slip away but she had to admit watching the animated way they argue was rather entertaining.

"Where did Frannie go?"

"Someone asked her to dance and she agreed."

Florence stared in disbelief. And she tried to subtly cough but it came out as more of a spluttered cough, brilliant.

"Sorry," she quickly apologises, "But I'm going to leave."

Both of the siblings look at her, and she looks back at them, nods before finally taking her leave, she disregards everyones eyes on her, she is relieved when neither Benedict or Eloise hollered after her.

She was soon to step out into the cold air, it was reasonably breezier than it had been when she first arrived. The moon shone down, delicately painting her in a light as if she were the most prettiest star out of the night sky, the moon was a beautiful full rounded shape tonight, and how Florence wished for time to just stay still and let her stay here, no one else, but her and her own thoughts. The moon couldn't judge, and she wouldn't judge it, she couldn't confide in anyone, especially not about this.

She sighed before finally moving completely and going to find her carriage.

a.n. first off i apologise for any spelling mistakes and two i would like to make it clear how much i hated what they did with eloise and penelope in the season two finale so yes they are still friends :)