‘He’s just….not our type’ Affie finished, looking sheepishly at Mandy. ‘He’s kinda Pete Wentz, whereas our kinda guy is more….George Clooney.’

‘Pete Wentz?’ Mandy groaned, sinking down in the sofa. ‘You mean he’s rockstar wannabe?’

‘Sweetie you shouldn’t just judge him from what I’ve described.’

Affie shook her head, angry at herself for being so judgemental about the guy. It wasn’t her place to comment on how he looked, this was hard enough for Mandy already.

‘Affie you and I have the same standards. If he looks odd to you, he’s gonna look odd to me.’

Mandy walked towards the fridge, where the flyer for the club was still pinned.  

‘Doll you’re doing this on your own, and you’re the most incredible woman, but I really think you need to see this guy. It might give you some kinda closure, even if you never want to let him into your lives.’

‘I’d never have slept with some undesirable, unkempt man’ she said aloud, more to herself than Affie.

‘He had the tattoo….but you’re right, so many guys out there have tattoos, and maybe more than one of them has that sun design. Tell you what, I can take tomorrow off work. I’ll watch Dylan and you can scope him out. You don’t need to tell him who you are, but seeing him might help?’

She unzipped her prada bag and slid her friend a small folded piece of paper.

‘Two rooms available now, room mates needed by end of the month. Large open plan loft apartment.’

A number was given, and the name ‘Kyle Daniels’. She racked her brain desperate for the name to ring some bell in there, but it didn’t. 

‘We’ll drive down there tomorrow morning, we’ll tell the guy you’re looking for an apartment. You can walk around, get a feel for who he is and maybe find out a little about him. It’s the perfect opportunity to put this mystery to rest. If he’s not the guy, he’s not the guy.’