~ 35 ~ Maneuvered Chess Piece

Start from the beginning

The emperor commanded an army of soldiers he hid nearby the palace to follow him to Taehyung's manor.

Hoseok finally understood why his father wasn't scared of leaving the palace, his father was always secretly prepared for a rebellion.

"Third son, sit in my horse carriage," the emperor said.

Hoseok shivered. Inside his father's horse carriage he would be defenseless, his father didn't trust him. His father was suspicious of him and wouldn't hesitate to use him as a hostage if he was part of Taehyung's rebellion.

Hoseok obediently sat inside his father's horse carriage. His back stiffened, his father and the imperial guards' sharp eyes were focused on him. The thought of Taehyung's schemes being on the verge of receiving end from his father's sword comforted him.

The moment Hoseok stepped out of the horse carriage, the emperor's army surrounded Taehyung's manor.

Moonlight shone on the soldiers armed with swords, bows, and arrows. They stood in ready to attack position on the emperor's command.

"Imperial father, do you want to go inside?" Hoseok asked.

The emperor was suspicious of why Taehyung's manor was too quiet.

"Um," the emperor said.

After a soldier knocked thrice on the door, a young servant opened the door.

The servant rubbed his eyes. "What is it... why are you knocking on the door in the middle of the night... AH! God! Why are there so many armed people?"

Afterward, the lanterns in Taehyung's manor were lit and everyone rushed outside to see what was causing the commotion.

Joon-Seok's sleep was disturbed and he cried loudly.

Hoseok was confused why everyone at Taehyung's manor was in their nightclothes and unarmed.

Taehyung saw his father and bowed. "Imperial father? Imperial father, why are you here?"

The emperor wasn't pleased his careful plan was wasted by waking up unarmed people in the middle of the night. What rebellion? He was suspicious why Hoseok dared to deceive him!

"Imperial father, he's hiding people inside!" Hoseok said in a panicked tone.

The emperor's soldiers searched everywhere inside Taehyung's manor. There were no hidden people inside Taehyung's manor.

Hoseok didn't know why his father's soldiers didn't find Lee Jonghyeok's hidden men or the concealed weapons. It was impossible for Taehyung to send the hidden men and weapons outside the manor undetected.

Taehyung was kneeling but it was Hoseok who shivered fearfully.

Seorin was kneeling next to Taehyung and coaxing Joon-Seok to sleep.

"Imperial father, what is happening?" Seorin asked.

The emperor and soldiers resented Hoseok's cry.

"Imperial father, don't let him fool you," Hoseok said. "Imperial father, let me check inside."

"Alright," the emperor said coldly.

Hoseok led his guards inside. He checked every nook of Taehyung's manor and didn't find anyone or anything suspicious.

"Where are they?" Hoseok asked. "Where are the weapons?"

"Third Prince, we didn't see anyone leave Fifth prince's manor," the guard said.

"Useless!" Hoseok said. "How can people and weapons disappear?"

Hoseok knew his guards wouldn't dare deceive him. It was Taehyung who built a trap for him!