⚡️ Chapter 5 ⚡️

Start from the beginning

Once out of earshot of Mr. Roberts, he muttered to Mr. Weasley, "Been having a lot of trouble with him. Needs a Memory Charm ten times a day to keep him happy. And Ludo Bagman's not helping. Trotting around talking about Bludgers and Quaffles at the top of his voice, not a worry about anti-Muggle security. Blimey, I'll be glad when this is over. See you later, Arthur," He Disapparated.

"I thought Mr. Bagman was Head of Magical Games and Sports," Ginny said, looking surprised. "He should know better than to talk about Bludgers near Muggles, shouldn't he?"

"He should," Mr. Weasley said, smiling, and leading them through the gates into the campsite. "But Ludo's always been a bit ... well ... lax about security. You couldn't wish for a more enthusiastic head of the sports department though. He played Quidditch for England himself, you know. And he was the best Beater the Wimbourne Wasps ever had,"

They trudged up the misty field between long rows of tents.

Most looked almost ordinary; their owners had clearly tried to make them as Muggle-like as possible, but had slipped up by adding chimneys, or bell-pulls, or weather vanes.

However, here and there was a tent so obviously magical that Vega could hardly be surprised anymore that Mr. Roberts, or any other of the numerous site-masters, was getting suspicious.

Halfway up the field stood an extravagant confection of striped silk like a miniature palace, with several live peacocks tethered at the entrance.

A little farther on they passed a tent that had three floors and several turrets; and a short way beyond that was a tent that had a front garden attached, complete with birdbath, sundial, and fountain.

"Always the same," Mr. Weasley commented, smiling. "We can't resist showing off when we get together. Ah, here we are, look, this is us,"

They had reached the very edge of the wood at the top of the field, and here was an empty space, with a small sign hammered into the ground that read WEEZLY.

"Couldn't have a better spot!" Mr. Weasley said happily. "The field is just on the other side of the wood there, we're as close as we could be," He hoisted his backpack from his shoulders.

"Other side of the woods?" Vega asked as she looked over to the thick woods right next to them.

"Right," Mr. Weasley said excitedly. "No magic allowed, strictly speaking, not when we're out in these numbers on Muggle land. We'll be putting these tents up by hand! Shouldn't be too difficult.... Muggles do it all the time.... Here, Harry, where do you reckon, we should start?"

"I'll help out, too," Vega spoke up when she noticed the clueless look on Harry's face – it was clear to her that his relatives had never taken him to Muggle-style camping.

In the end, Vega managed to point out where all the poles and the pegs were supposed to go, and though Mr. Weasley was more of a hindrance than a help, because he got thoroughly overexcited when it came to using the mallet, they finally managed to erect a pair of shabby two-man tents.

All of them stood back to admire their handiwork. Nobody looking at these tents would guess they belonged to wizards. Mr. Weasley dropped to his hands and knees and entered the first tent.

"We'll be a bit cramped," Mr. Weasley called to the children. "But I think we'll all squeeze in. Come and have a look," Vega followed him, Fred, George and Ginny inside.

Harry and Hermione followed in behind, and Vega looked up to see their jaws dropped in surprise.

"It's like a Tardis, isn't it?" Vega asked, but the look on their faces told her that they didn't watch much Muggle television either. "Never mind about that,"