⚡️ Chapter 5 ⚡️

Começar do início

They said good-bye to the Diggorys and approached the cottage door.

A man was standing in the doorway, looking out at the tents. It was obvious that he was the only actual Muggle in sight for several acres. When he heard their footsteps approaching, he turned his head to look at them.

"Morning!" Mr. Weasley said brightly.

"Morning," said the Muggle.

"Would you be Mr. Roberts?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"Aye, I would," Mr. Roberts said. "And who're you?"

"Weasley – two tents, booked a couple of days ago?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"Aye," Mr. Roberts responded before consulting a list tacked to the door. "You've got a space up by the wood there. Just the one night?"

"That's it," Mr. Weasley said.

"You'll be paying now, then?" Mr. Roberts questioned.

"Ah – right – certainly –" Mr. Weasley said. He retreated a short distance from the cottage and beckoned Harry toward him – no doubt to ask him for help with Muggle currency.

"There seem to be many people from other countries," Vega commented as she peered around at all the people coming and going around the field. She caught eyes of a few boys and looked away.

"You foreign?" Mr. Roberts asked as Mr. Weasley returned with the right currency to hand over while Harry returned to a stop next to Vega, Ron and Hermione.

"Foreign?" Mr. Weasley repeated, puzzled.

"You're not the first one who's had trouble with money," Mr. Roberts said, scrutinising Mr. Weasley closely. "I had two try and pay me with great gold coins the size of hubcaps ten minutes ago,"

"Did you really?" Mr. Weasley said nervously.

Mr. Roberts rummaged around in a tin for some change.

"Never been this crowded," Mr. Roberts spoke up suddenly, looking out over the misty field again. "Hundreds of pre-bookings. People usually just turn up..."

"Is that right?" Mr. Weasley said, his hand held out for his change so they could leave quickly and not indulge in conversation, but Mr. Roberts didn't give it to him.

"Aye," Mr. Roberts respsonded thoughtfully. "People from all over. Loads of foreigners. And not just foreigners. Weirdos, you know? There's a bloke walking 'round in a kilt and a poncho,"

"Shouldn't he?" Mr. Weasley said anxiously while Vega looked away, trying to hide her smiles.

"Don't," Fred muttered to her but he was trying to stop his own amusement just as hardly.

"It's like some sort of... I dunno ... like some sort of rally," Mr. Roberts continued anyhow. "They all seem to know each other. Like a big party,"

At that moment, a wizard in plus-fours appeared out of thin air next to Mr. Roberts's front door.

"Obliviate!" said the wizard sharply, pointing his wand at Mr. Roberts.

Vega, as well as the rest of the teenagers, watched in wonder as Mr. Roberts's eyes slid out of focus slightly, his brows unknitted out and took a look of dreamy unconcern fell over his face.

"A map of the campsite for you," Mr. Roberts said placidly to Mr. Weasley. "And your change," He held out the change in Muggle money.

"Thanks very much," Mr. Weasley replied, receiving the money.

The wizard in plus-fours accompanied them toward the gate to the campsite. He looked exhausted: His chin was blue with stubble and there were deep purple shadows under his eyes.