[ ii ] christmas and the feeling of something blue || fluff

DONT MAKE FUN OF ME OKAY SHARING CHRISTMAS WITH LOVED ONES IS A CUTE CONCEPT

HEY SO I STarted tl write this on like— december 17th thinking i'd get it done before christmas but NO BAHA- IT'S JANUARY 8TH. (update: january 12th) (update 2 aka publishing time: april 3rd) i dont care what any1 says i'm gonna write the rest of this for now. and i know i just posted my last chapter but pls i like publishing stuff i've had in the works for months :,)

this was actually based on a prompt from tumblr, which was like: "person 1 can't wrap presents for shit and person 2 steps in and helps"

so that's the summary i guess? this isn't a03 fym? SORRy oKAY ENJOY IT EVEN THO ITS LIKE 5 WORDS BAHAHA- OK OK BYE

—————————

it was december 22nd, and snow laid upon the ground as wilbur sat in his tiny and quiet shared abode. he lived with technoblade and philza, his father figures; and not to mention his little brother tommy— speaking of them, he preparing their christmas gifts. and to him, he was at the worst part of the act; i mean, in his opinion. he couldn't stand wrapping gifts. he couldn't do it to save his life.

he sighed exasperatedly, "jesus fucking christ." he whispered fidgeting with the paper in his hands. trying to concentrate and follow along to the wiki-how tutorial.

he hated this so much. watching other people do it made it look so much easier than whatever the fuck he was doing. he was sitting in the corner with the scrap paper piled up high, resembling all the times he screwed up in attempt to successfully complete the endeavor— but he perked up; a grin playing on his face. he had the most peerfect idea to end this tedious bullshit. he quickly grabbed his cell phone, finding the contact 'loverboy'. he smiled at that, picturing schlatt get flustered at the use of the name, bht he shook his head, remembering the task at hand. he didn't hesitate to hit the call button as schlatt nearly instantly responded.

there was slight shuffling as he assumed schlatt picked up his phone, the smile evident in his voice, "wilbur! i thought you were contributing to the family christmas propaganda?"

"hello love-! and yes, i was meant to wrap the gifts; but truth be told," he said pausing to laugh, "i can't wrap them for shit."

schlatt erupted in laughter, to which wilbur rolled his eyes, "there's no way you don't know how to wrap gifts. i just figured you would have gotten practice over all of these years."

"schlatt," he said drawing-out the half-ram's name dramatically, "i need your help, please come over." he whined.

schlatt found his pleading irresistible and caved, "alright, fine. i'll be there in five, 'kay?" he said.

"let's go! okay, love you, see you then."

"love you too."

he disconnected from the call as he sat patiently for schlatt to arrive. he knew that he was somewhat far, because schlatt lived all the way in las nevadas. to wilbur, it seemed like forever since he was staying at the antartic empire. he was sat on the floor, picking up his guitar and began to play. he would say about 15-20 minutes passed of him just playing random songs he'd been listening to as of late. that is until he heard a familar knock at the door.

"yes!" wilbur exclaimed, jumping up and carefully setting his guitar on it's stand, and hurriedly running to the door.

"hey wil- sorry it took a bit, i brought some spare wrapping paper in assumption that you might need some more." he said, gesturing to the rainbow stripped festive paper in his hand.

wilbur smiled softly, "that's alright, love." he pulled him into a tight hug and kissed the top of his head in a comfortingly.

schlatt returned the smile and burried his head in wilbur's chest, "okay, well what kind of gifts are you planning to wrap?"

"well," wilbur said as he pulled away slightly as to gesture to the bare beige boxes covered in messy and scattered wrapping paper, "i put them all in boxes and now i don't fucking know how to wrap them-"

schlatt laughed wholeheartedly; leaning onto wilbur for support, "you stupid virgo." he said shaking his head jokingly.

"i can't believe you're being this crude right now." wilbur said, "i dont even need your help, you may as well go home,"

"c'mon wil," he spoke assertively, "you know you can't survive this christmas without me."

"well of course not." wilbur retorted.

schlatt sighed shaking his head, he sat on the floor in a 'w' position and examined the material in front of him, "wow wilbur- you really screwed this up."

"what the fuck!"

"i'm sorry but y-"

wilbur threw his hands around schlatt's neck and playfully choked him, while schlatt yelped and clawed at wilbur's forearms dramatically even though they both knew wilbur wasn't even pressing in the slightest.

schlatt surprisingly threw wilbur to the ground next to him and scooted away from him, "wilbur you prick! how could you turn against me after all the help i'm willing to give you?"

wilbur just laughed loudly and smiled brightly at his lover, "it's not my fault, you started it."

schlatt scoffed and crossed his arms, avoiding wilbur's gaze, while still subconsciously giving him a glare or so.

"schlatt- please you're not fooling anyone. are you gonna help or what?"

schlatt laughed as well, breaking his facade, "yeah hotsuff, i'll help you." schlatt says rolling his eyes pulling wilbur closer to him by his wrist.

schlatt grabbed the paper and dispensed it carefully over the top of the box, asking wilbur, who was watching closley, to hand him the tape to solidify his work.

he repeated this on the other sides and slapped the bow on the top rather sloppily, "boom. done."

"are you kidding me? that was the least helpful tutorial ever. i learned more from the youtube tutorials."

schlatt laughed loudly yet again, "you had fucking youtube tutorials pulled up?!"

"well- yeah!" wilbur said, his cheeks flushing red with embarrassment

"aw," schlatt said leaning his head on wilbur's shoulder, "y'know, you shoulda just called me from the jump. i would've been here in an instant."

"i know. and thanks." wilbur said, intertwining their fingers.

"don't mention it."

schlatt began to finish up wrapping the other gifts, even guiding wilbur in wrapping his own. time seemed to fly by as they two were sat laughing, and in-love. wilbur's present packing diffidence dissapeared because of schlatt's help, it all seemed so much clearer to him now that his beloved lover was here. christmas was one of the most special days of the year, in terms of spending time with the people you love the most. and wilbur had schlatt, the person he had been planning to spend the rest of his life with since probably highschool.

his parents always thought the two to be incompatible; but they were indeed a perfect match. maybe it was on paper their whole relationship looked chaotic and unstable, but their chemistry is undeniable. and at the end of the day, wilbur was just happy to have schlatt. and schlatt is happy to have wilbur. they are glad to someone to guide them in darkest their times, is patient with them, and loves them no matter what.

—————————
w.c: 1.248