Part 2

The distant mountains were a haze of white as a heavy wind tore through New Zealand. Tane slid through the powdery snow, the wind hissing around him and knocking his trail into the wind. A smile remained on his face as he slid easily after Ty in front of him. There was a vapor of snow tossed into the wind as the Norwegian snaked around the jumps. Tane crouched low and sped up a jump, flipping high into the air. He could see Ty straightening himself out and leaping onto a grind rail. Tane gripped his board, shifting his weight in the air as he spun down towards the rail. He landed heavily behind Ty, knocking him down into the snow. Tane snickered, looking back as he heard Ty's shouts. "Oh sorry dude! Didn't see you there!" Tane shouted over the wind. He spun, sliding the back of his board down the rail as he watched Ty getting to his feet. He fixed his hat before jumping back down the slope after the surfer. The two finished their race, keeping neck and neck with each other until Ty caught Tane by the board and sent him into the dust. Ty laughed loudly as he slid down the last of the hill. He slid to a stop under the helicopter, shouting up as Tane was getting back to his feet.

"What? Are you trying to swim down?!" The blond pulled himself up into the helicopter as Tane slid down after him.

"Surfer jokes! Low blow, dude!" Tane hopped up into the helicopter, stopping himself as he grabbed one of the ceiling handles. Ty grinned, taking one of the seats and unclipping himself from his board. Tane held on as the helicopter took into the air. As soon as they had balanced out. He released the handle and undid himself from his own board.

"Don't worry, when the day comes that you watch me drown..you can take all the Norwegian shots that you want." Ty smiled as Tane took the seat in front of him. Tane grinned, pulling his goggles off and smoothing his hair.

"Norway?" He adjusted his necklace as Ty nodded with a friendly expression.

"Oh yeah. Born and raised. Learned to snowboard out my back porch." He kicked up his board, checking the edges. "Zoe told me you were a pro-surfer. How's that working for you out here on the slopes?" Ty rested the board against his knees. Tane grinned.

"Same idea, different surface." He glanced down at the board. "All thought this being attached to the board is certainly something new.." Tane tapped his feet against it. Ty leaned back against the helicopter.

"Oh so you do attach yourself to your board? I hadn't noticed." The blond smiled cheekily as Tane shot him a glance, fighting back a grin himself.

The helicopter landed and the two snowboarders ducked out, still talking to each other rather actively. The wind had knocked the snow into a haze, dusting across the window where Psymon watched out of the lodge. He folded his arms over his chest, thinning his eyes. He didn't like the way Tane was talking with that younger man. Not in the slightest. He had been waiting for Tane to come back down from the slope since he had flown in. Behind him, Zoe and Kaori were catching up next to the fireplace. Psymon followed the two as they put their boards away, still chatting it up. Tane was smiling broadly before they disappeared out of view. The Canadian cleared his throat, trying to see if he could look out of the window any better. He let out a breath. It had been a little over a month since their few days they had spent together in the Alps. Psymon turned, catching Zoe's eye as she glanced over with a smile. He frowned slightly; the one downside of his time with Tane was the level of noise they made. Now he got to avoid glances from both Zoe and Mac. He looked down into the fire, ignoring Zoe until she went back to talking with Kaori.

"I tried my way down that run, I did not get nearly as an impressive of an avalanche as you did. If I was lucky, I think two rocks might have hit me. Might." Ty's accented voice came up the stairwell along with Tane's laugh