Chapter 7- Intervention Time

Start from the beginning

"I think it's more interesting there than here," I said with a small smile. I headed off to Class E. 

Koro-sensei was writing on the blackboard, when I slid the door open. Everyone looked at me with curious eyes. After a deep breath, I gave everyone an awkward wave and Koro-sensei and apologetic smile. "Sorry Koro-sensei, I overslept." The class chuckled dryly and Koro-sensei stared at me. 

"For now why don't you take a seat, Katsumi-san." He didn't seem to be fooled by act. This is bothering me more than I thought. Koro-sensei resumed teaching the class as I took my seat. Karma stared at me blankly. If anything, one reason for me to return to Class A would be to avoid the awkwardness with this person. Then I felt something poke the side of my head. I turned to Karma, who had his tongue sticking out. Right when I was about to chuck something at him, he pointed at the ground. Next to my foot, was a neatly folded paper airplane. While being cautious of Koro-sensei and the rest of the class, I opened it up. "Were you busy playing with a certain principal's son?" was written on it. With an indifferent expression, I scribbled on the paper, crumbled it up into a ball, and tossed it at him. Karma opened it up, slightly displeased. "MAYBE! >:-p" is what I wrote on it. The paper got crushed by his strong grip. So he saw me walk with Asano-kun. I ignored him for the rest of class. 

As I was walking out for P.E. something covered my mouth and pulled me back. I struggled to get free, but the person's arms wrapped around me tighter. It was futile, this person's strength overpowered mine. I winced in fear and tried to scream. "It's me." Immediately recognizing the voice, I stopped struggling and his grip loosened a bit. I turned my head back to glare at the red haired guy. 

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked, irritably. Karma smiled and turned my body to face his. He still held onto me with his fingers lightly tapping the sides of my waist, ready to attack. 

"Why were you late this morning?" he interrogated. I released a sigh. 

"I told you I oversle-AHAHAHA!" Karma started tickling me and squirmed around in his arms. He stopped and I tried to catch my breath. 

"If you lie to me again, I'll tickle you for an even longer time." 

The breeze cooled my cheeks and I gave Karma a glare. "Tch, how did you know anyway?" 

"Usually, you take a deep breath and release a sigh whenever you lie," he replied. I raised an eyebrow. Do I really? "That's why, yesterday I knew that whatever you felt for me, it was definitely not a friend." I stared at him shocked. My mouth opened, whether to protest or explain, I don't know. But Karma stopped me anyway. "I'm not here to talk about that though," he assured playfully. "I'm just curious about why you were late." His voice was dark and unnerving. 

But instead of feeling threatened, I asked nonchalantly, "Are you jealous?" Karma's smile turned into a frown. He stayed silent, but didn't deny anything. 

"Probably." As silence filled the air, I avoided Karma's gaze and looked down. 

"I retook the exam and got my score back... I can go back to Class A." After a short pause, Karma started to speak. 

"So? Are you going to go back?" 

After some thought, I said, "I don't know..." I looked at Karma. "But, one thing's for sure; Asano-kun wants me to return for some reason. That means, he'll do whatever he can to get me back into Class A." I got up and straightened my gym clothes. "Later. I'm actually going to attend Karasuma-sensei's class this time." Karma stared blankly out in the distance for a few minutes and then headed down the mountain. At the foot of the mountain, a fancy car pulled up and Asano got out.