Unexpected Outcome

Start from the beginning

“That is so bad for you,” she sighed and tapped her acrylic nails against the countertop. She laughed and walked into the family room, knowing I would be scolded for having my drink near the carpet I set it on the counter. I followed her and sat on one of the many couches, my mom designed the interior of the house with her own mother. It looked really classy, white carpets, black leather couches, white walls, huge windows. 

 "So do you think you'll meet anyone there tonight?" she asked examining her nails. I shrugged.

"Im not sure," I sighed. "Im hoping to atleast meet him! That would be great." 

"Well don't get your hopes up, babe. There are going to be plenty of others that are going to try and meet him." 

"Yeah." I trailed off. Leave it to my mom to kill my good mood. "Well I'm going to finish my drink and get ready!" 

I grabbed my drink and bolted upstairs. Alyssa and I had to video chat and pick out our outfits together. We often did this before school as well. I sat down at my desk and opened my shiny Macbook. I pressed the call button to the right of Alyssa's name. She answered almost immediately. 

"I was waiting on your call." She smiled and pushed her dark hair out of her face. "Okay so I've narrowed my outfit choices down to six." 

"Oh boy, what progress." I smiled. She rolled her eyes just like I knew she would. 

"Oh shush," she shook her head. "This one?" she asked holding up a pair of shorts and a tanktop. 

"Babe, it might be cold. I would wear a long sleeve just in case." 

"Fuck that!" she laughed. "I want to look hot, you know me! I could be meeting my future husband there." she winked. 

"Alyssa," I put my hand on my forehead. "Listen to yourself." 

~*a few hours later*~

"Honey, Alyssa is here." I heard my mom call from the bottom of the stairs. 

"Just send her up!" I yelled back. I'm not sure why she even let me know she was here, Alyssa usually just walked in and made herself at home. 

"Hey biiiiiitch." she smiled and plopped down on my bed. I sighed. 

"Does this look bad?" I asked her turning to face her. I was wearing a black pencil skirt and a deep purple colored long sleeved top. 

"What shoes are you wearing?" she cocked her head examining my outfit. 

"Probably wedges." 

"You do realize its a standing concert right?"

"Yep." I popped the 'p'. "Maybe my future husband will be there." I shrugged and smiled at her.

"Alright then, smarty pants. I think you look hot." she smiled and ruffled her curled hair. "You need to hurry though because we need to leave." 

"I'm ready," I raised an eyebrow and grabbed my purse from my desk. "Lets get goin'" 

Alyssa drove us to the concert, her driving never failed to terrify me. We got inside the venue and straight into the mosh. The smell was horrible, it smelled like half the girls bathed in cheap hairspray. Everyone was going crazy and the opening acts hadn't even came on stage, Alyssa was right. I was stupid to even think about wearing heels. My feet were already killing me and my hair was getting pulled every few seconds. After being squished between atleast four sweaty people the mosh calmed down a little bit. I think the people in the back realized they weren't getting any closer than they already were. Thankfully Alyssa and I were in the fifth row, not a bad spot actually. My heels actually helped for me to see. When Ed finally came on the talking subsided and it was silent other than his singing. This is why I loved going to his concerts, his music was so easy to listen to. Towards the end of the concert a guy bumped into me from behind, I could smell the liqour and smoke on him when I turned to look at him.