Chapter 1: My Terrible Past

~A/N: Hello! Welcome to Don't Let Me Drown! Yes, I did post this sorry before, but I have decided to re-do it. I think the relationships were rushed and overall boring. Also, I've improved in grammar, spelling, and punctuation and I was just too lazy to correct the errors. So, I give you my new and improved version of my first, and only, Ouran High School Host Club fanfiction! Oh, and before we start, I'm giving you my main OC's character description!

Name: Mikasu Katsumi
-
Nicknames: Mika and Mika-Chan
-
Age: 16
-
Appearance: Long light-brown hair that she usually pulls into braided pigtails. She has sky-blue eyes and a tall-ish height. She has really soft skin which is often noticed.
-
Personality: Timid, reserved, depressed, caring, adorable, regretful, intelligent, motherly, and above all, emotional.
-
Fears: Being lied to, losing her family, and water.
-
Family: Akimu Katsumi (Mother), Hakumo Katsumi (Father), and Atumi Katsumi (Younger sister).
-
Friends: Matsuko Suoh (EmyM106 's OC), Misarou Noryaka (uniquefreak101 's OC), and small bits and pieces of the host club.
-
Crush/Personal Interest: Takashi 'Mori' Morinozuka. ~

Hello. My name is Mikasu Katsumi. I am 16 years old and go to school at Ouran Academy. Though mostly everyone says that this school is 'perfect' and 'amazing', I disagree. Honestly, this school is the worse.

Let's just say that when I was younger, well, I was extremely careless and carefree. I thought everyone was good. I thought everyone brought good fortune to the world and everything living here. I was shocked by how wrong I was.

When I was younger, I had a whole family that loved me dearly. A caring mother, a funny father, and an adorable little sister who never argued with me. I thought my family was the best to have. Of course we did have our moments. For example, when I asked for the maids to give me cookies and I was scolded by my mother, or when Atumi, my younger sister, broke a picture and I swore she was going to get in huge trouble. Actually, she was told to be more careful and was pulled into an embrace. See, my family was the best.

Until this unfortunate day happened.

My mother, my father, Atumi and I were on a trip. On a boat in the middle of the ocean, actually. The sun was just setting, causing the orange-red glow to cast beautiful streaks of color across the water. Atumi and I were resting on the observation deck and watching the sun set. I've learned to capture moments like this. Even at a young age, I did it.

At the time, I was 6 and Atumi was 5. She sat happily to my left, wearing a pink bathing suit with frills and ruffles everywhere. I, on the other hand, wore a silk nightgown, saying that I was tired and father wanted me to rest as soon as the sun set. Two maids sat behind us brushing our hair and pulling it into braids. Atumi's hair was pulled into a beautiful french braid. My hair was twisted into two pigtails. As I glanced over at my sister, I noticed a certain sparkle in her cyan-blue eyes. I smiled at her, turning my own sky-blue eyes back to the setting sun.

My mother was sitting not so far away, reading a book and glancing at us every once and a while. My father sat beside her while drinking a cup of coffee with a reoccurring smile crossing his face. All was perfect. Too perfect.

Suddenly my mom started to sing a lullaby which she sang to Atumi and I every night to lull us asleep.

Hey, little girls, do you see the setting sun?
Though we had fun, I know the day is done.
You know it's time to say goodnight, but you feel as if it's not right.
But trust me, little girls, it's fine.

Hey, little girls, gather into my arms.
Sing a song, I'll laugh along! I'll always be beside you.
You want to rest and close your eyes, but you had too much fun tonight!
But listen, little girls, just try.