"Oh, Theo," Clementine wrapped her arms around his torso, holding him against her side. She let her chin rest on his broad shoulder as she felt his steady heartbeat, "You didn't do any of that. You can't let their bad deeds weigh you down. We aren't our parents."

"Thank the Gods for that." Theo snorted, melting into Clementine's touch as he allowed her to comfort him. He let his hand rest on her thigh, brushing the bare skin with his thumb. "My father got what he deserved in the end. I just wish things were different. I can't even look at some of the students here. You know? I feel the weight of the consequences every single day. And with Opal—"

"How are they so sure she was taken?" Clementine frowned. She had missed the debriefing when she was with Draco near the Room of Requirement. "What happened?"

"Some students heard a struggle." Theo explained, "They heard screaming coming from the forest. McGonagall did a mandatory head count of every student and Opal was the only one missing. If you thought McGonagall was being strict before, just you wait. Things are about to get so much worse."

Clementine blinked, now realizing why Opal didn't show up on the map. She had been taken deep into the forest, far beyond the boundaries of the castle. Just like Lila had suspected.

"We could conduct search parties." Clementine suggested, "Form teams and see if we can find her. Anything to help."

Theo shook his head before kissing Clementine softly. His warm lips surprised her before she leaned into him. It was a tender moment that caught her off guard. Theo pulled away and smiled, but it failed to reach his eyes.

"I love how sweet you are." He murmured.

"What makes you say that?" Clementine's stomach fluttered at the unexpected caress. The way he was still staring at her made her insides feel like they were melting, and she desperately craved another kiss.

"Just how much you care." Theo responded as he squeezed her leg. His ocean eyes had calmed to a steady current. "Do you want to get out of here?"

She did. More than anything.

Clementine didn't have time to respond as McGonagall and Lila were walking towards them. McGonagall looked like a mother hen protecting a fledgling as they stood before them.

"Clementine, would you mind walking Lila back to the Gryffindor Tower? Theodore, I would like a word." McGonagall was not asking either of them. They were direct orders from the headmistress herself.

Clementine got to her feet, untangling herself from Theo as Lila looked at her warily. It was always an awkward encounter when students caught her in compromising positions with another faculty member, and even worse when McGonagall was there to bare witness. The two parted ways with McGonagall and Theo before speaking.

"I'm sorry about your sister, Lila." Clementine spoke up first. "We'll find her."

"I doubt it." Lila mumbled as she stared at the floor. She looked absolutely exhausted, drained physically and mentally from the news, "They won't let anyone go into the forest to look for her. Said something about that being a job for the aurors."

"Well there isn't a doubt in my mind that McGonagall hasn't called Harry Potter himself to come investigate." Clementine said. Her confidence only faltered when Lila looked at her doubtfully.

"I'm sure he's busy. The Yates family isn't exactly a big priority."

"Don't say that." Clementine was quick to speak. "You're a priority, your sister is a priority, and I'll see to it myself that she gets found. But for now, you need to get some sleep."