Nothing but sorrow 💙

~~~Third person POV~~~

Dice was stuck. Stuck in his mind. Endlessly searching for something to cling to but all he could remember were sad days from childhood specificly getting beat and bruised by his father and screamed at by his mother. He's drunk again, sitting in his room, sobbing, lying, and breaking as time goes on and tears continue to fall. He's gonna black out soon, hopefully he doesn't but, its unlikely he won't. "*hic* I need to go to *hic hic* bed...*hic*" Dice says as he hics due to his drunken state and the face that hes sobbing his fucking eyes out. Dice curls up in his arms still holding a bottle of rum; knees to his chest and arms around them. Dice turns on the radio, slow jazz to make him calm down. It didn't work but all the while he continues to drink. If he drinks anymore he might throw up but he didn't care, the pain was just too much. He'd had a crush on the Devil for the past 7 of 10 years they've worked together. Wouldn't 7 years of pure bottled up emotions and tears bring you to the edge? Whether to you or not it did to Dice who was now running to the bathroom due to the awful amount of alcohol in his system. "Ugh...that's absolutely disgusting." Dice says looking into the toilet to see what just came out of his poor body. Dice shuffles back to his bedroom putting the Rum in his mini fridge which had plenty more beer to spare. Then he shuffled once again to his bed, curling up into a ball, and just letting more tears fall. What more could he do? His life was falling apart due to his stupid emotions. He just needed a distraction. No more alcohol, it's gonna kill him if he's not careful. Dice had never cut himself before and he sure as hell wasn't gonna start now. Just then a black figure entered the die's room. "Dice. Have you seen Chips contract? I misplaced it." The Devil said not taking his eyes off a paper he was writing on. Dice shrugs half drunk. "Dunno boss *hic* maybe *hic* you lost it?" Dice said wiping his tears. Then the furry man looked up. "Dice? Are you okay?" The Devil says putting his paper down on a table that was in Dice's room. Dice shrugs once more looking at the Devil with pure sadness in his eyes. "Kingsley talk to me. I'm here for you." The Devil said kindly walking towards Dice. "No *hic* you're *hic* not!" Dice said in his drunken state not really knowing what he's saying. Devil grabs Dice by his hands holding them in his own. "Dice, please. Let me be a friend." Devil says pulling Dice into a hug. Dice shoves the Devil off him. "THATS THE POINT DEV! I DON'T WANT YOU TO BE MY FRIEND I WANT YOU TO BE MY LOVER! I WANNA HUG YOU,I WANNA KISS YOU, I WANNA DO OTHER THINGS TO YOU THAT I'M TO UPSET TO SAY! I WANT-" Dice's words were interupted by a pair of lips meeting his. He didn't see it coming because his eyes were blurry due to the tears that came back seeping down his face. "Calm down Dicey. I wish I told you myself. But I couldn't. I know you're drunk but for now I'll believe you mean it and wait till you sober up. Okay?" The Devil said holding Dice's face rubbing his thumbs against his cheeks. Dice just stood stunned but soon hugged back. He didn't say a word though. He might be drunk but his still somewhat conscious. The Devil kissed Dice's forehead and layed both him and the die down on the other's bed. "Go to sleep Dice. It'll stop the pain.~" Devil purred spooning Dice in his arms while his tail wrapped around Dice's waist. Dice soon fell asleep still crying but feeling better knowing someone was there. "Sleep well love.~" the Devil purred once more before falling into slumber himself.

684 words. Did the whole cuphead fandom just agree the Devil purrs? Cause I love it