ʚїɞ │Bad Idea Thirty-Eight

Start from the beginning

Besides the fact she keeps pushing me away because she's afraid?

I see no problems.

Easton certainly isn't one anymore.

"No, nothing changed between us. This is what we do."

Everything's changed.

It sucks lying to your friends about something so big and important. But we have to keep it this way because all hell will break loose.

Practice ends and we all go off to the lockers. Cleaning ourselves off.

When coming out of the locker room I spot Malia leaning against a wall with her equipment.

I walked over to her with a smirk and said, "Aw, you were waiting on me, baby?" The annoyed look on her face proves me right.

"Don't be an asshole. I need a ride home, please." She sighed and I squinted my eyes at her, "You're not going to kill me on the way there, right Myers?" Now, she's the one smirking, "I'll think about it. Thank you."

I gave her a curt nod before we started walking out of the building.

"Mark was supposed to pick me up but something came up with his dad. So, he'll be meeting me at my house."

"No need to explain. I got you always. Come on, I brought the impala you love so much."

The conversation died fast and we stayed quiet the way whole to the impala. Even during the car ride, we didn't speak, the music playing over our silence.

Why are we like this?

'Porquesta Indecente' by Romero Santos comes on and I smiled at the memory of us dancing.

Good fucking times.

From the corner of my eye, I see Malia smiling and mouthing the lyrics.

I parked in my driveway and turned off the car. But the both of us stayed inside, not moving.

Once again, why the fuck are we like this?

We had sex, fucked. It shouldn't be this weird.

If I could go back to when we bickered and fought then I would. It's better than this damn awkward silence between us. And it's not even me, it seems every time we're around each other she can't stand the idea of being around me.

"I should head inside. Mark's car is here so he's probably inside with Christian."

I nodded my head, "Yeah, I should head inside too. Mama must be waiting for me."

But neither of us moves. Then Malia mumbles, "Fuck it." Before she grabs ahold of my face and kisses me.

Our bodies respond to each other, doing the things we know we like.

My hands travel up her thigh, into her skirt, feeling nothing there.

"I forgot to bring an extra one." She pulled away from me but then swings her leg over to my side.