forty three

ϝσɾƚყ 

hostage

(part two)

.

.

Abby slammed the door to her apartment building. She furrowed her brows and leant back against the wall by her front door. She knew the longer she spent over analyzing the words exchanged between herself and Hall, the more distracted she would become.

She slid her phone out of her pocket and scrolled through her contacts until she found the name she needed. They answered on the second ring.

"Ma'am?"

"Anderson, I'm your Superior, correct?"

What the rest of her team were not aware of was that during her private conversation with Hotch after their initial phone call with Lawrence from his prison cell, Abby had been promoted to a Senior Field Agent, placing her on par with Rossi; and consequently, Hotch's [joint] second in command.

"Uh, yes Ma'am. How can I help?"

"Who's with Lawrence?"

There was some shuffling from the other end of the phone, Abby tapped her fingers against her thigh impatiently.

"SSA's Jareau and Morgan, Ma'am."

"And where is he?"

"Sorry?"

"Where is he right now, Anderson?" Abby snapped, she wasn't sure there was actually a way to reword the question to make it any clearer.

"They're here in the bullpen with him, did you want to speak to th-"

"No. You tell them that the prisoner is to be bought straight to the address I am texting you now; it's five minutes away. Tell them he is being transferred into my charge. Got it?"

"On whose authority should I say it is -"

"On my authority, Agent. Tell them to bring Lawrence straight to this address, no questions asked. I am your superior, Anderson, and theirs, remember?"

"Yes Ma'am."

"Thank you."

Abby hung up the phone, quickly sent Anderson the address and then silenced it and threw it onto the table opposite her. She picked up her car keys and raced down the few steps in her apartment building, before speeding off into the direction of the address.