i. rich kids arival

Start from the beginning

"Well, if it isn't Cam!..." His grin widened as he enveloped the girl in a brief embrace before they reluctantly separated.

Camille's lips curled into a smile as she looked up at him. "What- What are you doing 'ere?"

"Persuaded Dad to drop me off so I could catch the jet with you!" Kenji exclaimed, hands planted firmly on his hips. As Daniel Kon appeared, ushering the group, Kenji stepped aside.

"Time's tight, folks! You can catch up on the jet. Good to see you, Camille," Daniel said, leading them towards the waiting aircraft. "How've you been?"

"Ah, well, Mr. Kon," Camille replied warmly, stepping into the jet with Kenji following close behind. The attentive crew swiftly took their bags, stowing them in the overhead cabin. Camille's bag, notably larger than Kenji's, had a baseball bat sticking out.

Baseball was Camille's passion; she had been playing since she could hold a bat. Her skill had earned her a scholarship at the prestigious sports school she attended.

"Have a good time, Kenji. And you too, Camille," Mr. Kon called from outside the plane. As Kenji waved goodbye to his father, Camille adjusted herself, smiling gently. She glanced back at her father, who seemed more interested in his phone than their departure. Rolling her eyes, Camille accepted the familiar feeling of being ignored.

"Let's get this thing on the road then?" Kenji's gaze shifted to Camille as he coolly tilted his sunglasses down. The jet's door slammed shut as the pilot prepared for takeoff. They settled into their seats as the jet sped down the runway, lifting off before leveling out.

"So Kenj, what 'as been going on wiz you in ze last...zree years-" Camille inquired, a mischievous smile dancing on her lips. "Let me guess, anozer weekend, a new story?" She chuckled softly.

Kenji chuckled in return. "You're still the master of wit, I see."

Camille grinned, and as Kenji leaned forward to speak, she playfully interrupted, mimicking him. "We started wiz small talk, you know...blah blah." Her attempt at his voice, skewed by her accent, elicited an eye roll from Kenji, followed by a resigned laugh.

"Alright, my apologies. Please, do go on about your adventures over ze past zree years," she said with a playful exhale. Kenji paused, anticipating her next words, but they hung in the air, suspended in silence.

"So, you'd rather delve into the intricacies of my life over the past three years?" Kenji quipped, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips. "How dreadfully mundane of me, don't you think?"

"My, zose are some big words for you Kenji. Did you finally graduate the preschool?" Camille felt a smirk tug at the corner of her lips, savoring the moment as she cast a casual glance out the window.

Kenji's mouth opened briefly before he shut it again, his voice faltering. "Sh-Shut up..."

A silence settled in the helicopter until Kenji straightened up. "So, how's your fam?" he asked genuinely, prompting Camille to draw in a sharp breath.

She narrowed her eyes in thought. "Ah, well since ze divorce mozer 'as moved up to ze farmhouse..." Pausing briefly, she continued, "I don't spend much time zere due to school and ozer commitments, but I suppose switching between parents has its perks..."

Kenji nodded before glancing out the window, "You?" Camille questioned as his head turned back to her.

"Hanging with the butlers in the bowling alley, dads away for work..." He exhaled heavily, "Same old, same old..."