Chapter 29 (Year 4 Yule)

Start from the beginning

"Harry needs some more dance lessons," George commented. Charlotte nodded.

"I told him to practice. He never listens." She signed as she thought of poor Parvati struggling to help him.

"Look at Ron, regret not asking Hermione now, doesn't he?" Fred commented as he spotted Ron across the hall, watching Hermione dance with Krum.

"Oh, look, there's Percy," Angelina said, pointing to the high table where Percy was sitting.

"I wonder why he's here, where's his boss?" Lee commented as the food was brought out, and they all dug into their meals.

"So, are you single, Charlotte?" Lee asked, smirking at her.

"Single yes, interested no." Fred and George snorted into their drinks as they laughed at Lee's shocked expression.

"Ow, that hurt." He said, putting a hand to his heart as they dug into their food. Charlotte looked around the hall as they ate, spotting Draco with Pansy.

I knew he would ask her.

She thought as she watched them. She thought Draco looked very hot in his dress robes, his hair was done neatly and a strand didn't look out of place. He scowled as Pansy talked his ear off about something he wasn't interested in. He made eye contact with Charlotte, who looked away quickly. Draco smirked behind his cup as he watched her talking with Weasley.

"Are you listening, Draco!" Pansy asked.

"No, not really." He said, not removing his eyes from Charlotte.

"Come on, let's go dance!" George yelled over the loud music, as he grabbed Charlotte's hand before she could say no, and dragged her to the dance floor. They had missed the first one, not wanting a slow song, before finally a much faster song played.

George was a terrible dancer and had made Charlotte laugh every time he almost tripped.

"Slow down, George, or you're going to get hurt." She said, over the music.

"Where's the fun in that?" He called over. She laughed as she spotted Ron, Hermione, and Harry all looking annoyed with each other, and Parvati with a boy from Durmstrang.

---

George and Charlotte had danced to almost every song that played. George had too much energy for Charlotte and never wanted to rest, while Charlotte's feet were killing her from her shoes.

"George, I'm going to get a drink." She told him once they were sitting. He nodded before going back to his conversation with Fred and Lee.

"Enjoying your night?" Draco asked as she walked to the food stand to grab a drink. He grabbed the cup and drink ladle before her.

"It's been fun. My feet hurt. What about you?" he said as he poured the drink.

"I have Pansy as a date. How do you think?"

"You seem annoyed," She said, as he handed her the drink. She looked down at it, surprised, before drinking the pumpkin juice.

"I am. She won't leave me alone. I barely made my escape." He whispered jokingly to her. She shook her head at him.

"Do you want to get out of here? Get some rest or go sit on a bench or something. I need some fresh air instead of the smell of sweat everywhere." He asked her.

"Oh, I don't know." She said, looking back at George, who was still laughing with Fred and Lee.

"Come on, just tell him you're not feeling well. He'll understand, plus you've been together all night." He commented, trying not to sound annoyed at the last part, but failing.

"Oh, okay, wait for me outside the doors." She told him. He grinned and nodded at her. Charlotte put her cup down on the stand before walking up to George.

"George," She said,

"Yeah?" He asked, looking over at her.

"I'm going to go to bed and get some rest. My head and feet really hurt."

"Are you okay?"

"Yes, yes, nothing too bad. My braid is too tight, and my shoes are making my feet hurt a lot. I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

"Yeah, okay, rest well. I think everything here is ending soon, anyway." He said, looking around. She waved goodbye to him before walking out and meeting Draco.

"Let's get out of here!" He said, quickly, as he took her hand, and they both walked out of the great hall.

---

They had walked around the grounds for a little before finding a bench by a fountain. They both sat down, very close, but neither seemed to mind or move away.

"You look beautiful," Draco said quietly, his face reddening.

"Thank you," Charlotte replied before they both sat in silence.

"Why didn't you ask me to the dance?" Charlotte said, not able to stop herself. Draco looked away from her uncomfortably.

"I-um-I honestly didn't think you were going to say yes, and then when I got the courage too, I heard Weasley say he asked you and you agreed."

"Did you expect me to wait for you? It was the last day before the ball."

"No, but I shouldn't have waited until the last moment. Now I got stuck with Pansy." He signed.

"You know, I dreamed about going to the Yule ball my whole life, but I didn't think it would be ending the night with you." She said, truthfully.

"What do you mean you've dreamed about it your whole life?" Draco asked,

"I read about it somewhere, and I used to dream about my dress, my shoes, my hair, and my date, and how I would get my first kiss with my date."

"You wanted to kiss Weasley?" Draco said, already thinking of a million has to use on him.

"No," She laughed.

"Just a dream, but the Yule was better than I could image." She shrugged as she shivered.

"Here, take my robe." He said, slipping it off and draping it over her shoulders. She pulled the robes over her arms, freezing.

"Sorry, it was probably a bad idea to come here," Draco said,

"No, it's fine. I like it." Charlotte said, as she leaned closer to Draco and put her head on his shoulder. Draco stiffened as he looked down at her and grinned.

"Charlotte." He said, quietly.

"Oh, do you not like that? I'm sorry, I'm just tired." She said, sitting up. Draco shook his head.

"No, it's not that. I just was, um, wondering."

"Wondering what?"

"Could I kiss you?" He asked. Charlotte's eyes widen, her cheeks reddening.

"Okay." She said. Draco didn't hesitate, as he leaned down, both closing their eyes, as he softly placed his lips on hers. Charlotte felt butterflies erupt in her stomach as she wrapped an arm around his neck and brought him closer. Draco put one hand on her cheeks, and one on her waist. His hand moved from her face to the back of Charlotte's head. Draco couldn't believe she had actually said yes, or that he was kissing Charlotte. The robe slipped off Charlotte's shoulders, but both forgot about it.

They pulled apart, both breathless, as they stared at each other, but both not being able to say anything when they heard a twig snap.

"I should go before someone sees," Charlotte whispered, remembering Ron and Harry were lurking somewhere on the grounds.

She got up before Draco could say goodbye, and ran to her dorm, not stopping until she reached the common room, muttered the password, and ran up the stairs. She shut the door behind her and ran a hand over her mouth, still in shock.