Chapter 33: Meaning

I slowly open my eyes. My mind is groggy from sleep. I feel warmth surround me. John.
   I look down on my chest and see his arm, snuggling me tightly. I can't help but smile. I slowly roll over, trying not to disturb him. I failed.
   His deep breathing stops and he groans. He peeks an eye open and wakes up looking at me. He smiles.
   "Morning sunshine." he says, stretching.
   "Good morning. How'd you sleep?" I ask, sitting up. I look at the floor and see our pile of clothes from last night.
   "Great. You know you mumble in your sleep right?" he laughs. He stands up out of bed and starts to pick his clothes up.
   "Yeah, about what?" I look at my watch. 6:28. Pretty early, I bet everyone is still asleep.
   "Nonsense." He starts to button his shirt. I stand up and hand him his coat. I embrace him as I do it, but I let go after a few seconds.
   John. My life was pretty meaningless without him. He's changed my life for the better, and I hope he can say the same about me.
   He finished buttoning and smiles. "You enjoy last night?"
   "That was the best night of my life man. You?"
   He slides a sock on. "Yeah. I really want to do it again." He slides his other sock on and stands up. "I really need to head back home. Does your mom know I stayed last night?"
   "Nah, but she'll never know if you leave before she wakes up." I assure him.
   "Good." He slides his coat on and grabs his tie, shoving it in his pocket. "I'll see you later. Maybe we can do something this afternoon?"
   "I hope so. Don't leave without giving me a kiss." I say. He kisses me on the cheek.
   "Bye." he tells me, walking out the door.
   "Bye." I put on a pair of shorts and sit down on the couch in the living room. I turn on the tv, hoping to pass the time. Sheet s coupe minutes, Eric walks into the room, sleep still in his eyes.
   "Heh, good morning sleepy head." I laugh. Eric looks like a zombie in the mornings.
   "Good morning. Did mom get cereal?" he mumbles as he stumbles toward the kitchen.
   "Dunno, why dont'chya look?"
   "I will, I will." I hear the cabinets open. "Yes." he says flatly, answering his own question. He walks into the living room a minute later, Noel of cereal in hand. "Put it on Spongebob."
   I just hand him the remote. I grab my phone and look through InstaGram. Pictures of prom are all I see. I stumble across one of Daniel and Meghan, kissing.
   They make a cute couple, I thought to myself. I didn't bother watching what was on tv. I lie back on the couch and close my eyes. I'm still exhausted from last night.

Forever (A Furry Fanfic)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें