Season 2, Episode 1

FIRE MEETS FATE
"Always."

Episode 1 — Season 2

"This reckoning has just begun
There's no escape

There's no escape
When fire meets fate"

—2.1—

A few months ago,

THE SOUND OF  her heart monitor beeping was the first thing she'd heard when she woke up.

Where am I?

The sun rays entering through her curtains shined the dim lit room. Her eyes flickered open and darted to every details of her surrounding, from the pastel blue walls filled with pictures until they landed on her bouquet of lilacs and roses, sitting on the bedside table.

What happened? Who am I?

Her head throbbed slightly as she slowly sat up. Resting her back against the comfy large pillows that by any second, she would be falling back to sleep.

She looked down at her clothes, brown hairs falling over her shoulders like curtains, inspecting the material as if it was foreign to her till she heard something at the end of her bed, feeling a heavy wait on her legs.

The girl slowly lifted her head to see a white fur animal sitting there, licking its paws and staring straight at her with its wide periwinkle eyes. As if the animal was looking at its prey and not its owner.

With her eyes widened in realization, she yelped and jumped off the bed causing the cat to do the same and hissed at her for the sudden movement. She grabbed a lamp from her table and swung it in front of her as a weapon, daring it to come any closer to her.

When she accidentally turned out the lamp, she let go of it and went to cover her eyes instantly. Letting out a small scream along the way. She slumped down on the corner of her room and fell when her knees stopped working.

"Aera!"

The door to her room opened and hurried footsteps approached her. She felt them slowly lifting her up by the arms and helped her to her bed.

Who's Aera?

Once she's back on the bed, she realized there was a mirror right in front of her and managed to take a glimpse of her reflection. Her skin looked paler than before and her body seemed thinner than she had remembered. Her long dark hair now longer as she's eager to cut a few inches shorter the moment she gets out of wherever she was.

She took one more look at the mirror and realization of her identity dawned her, and mentally face palmed.

Oh. I'm Aera.

The feline went jumping back to her bed as well and curled up at its previous spot. What previously prey like eyes turned concerned as it look up at their owner, while Aera on the other hand stared at it like it's the devil.

Ignoring the wondering questions of her father and Logan, she raised a shaky hand and pointed at it.

"What the hell is that?" She whispered.