Chapter 24 ✔️

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"Charlotte, wait up!" I heard a familiar voice call from behind me. I paused in the middle of the hallway and turned around. Draco was running towards me, gripping his bag as he ran over.

"What is it Draco?" 

"I was wondering, did you know Potter put his name in the goblet?" Draco asked, I don't know why I felt disappointed, what was I expecting him to ask me? I cleared my throat and shook my head. 

"He didn't put his name in. Someone else did." 

"Oh please, it's Potter. He needs to be the center of attention for everything," Draco said, his voice light and teasing. 

"I'm sorry to tell you this, but he didn't put his name in." I laughed, I turned on my heels, and resumed my walking to the library. 

"Anyway, where are you going?" Draco said, he fell into step next to me. I glanced at him from the corner of my eye. What was he playing out?

"To the library."

"Oh okay, I'll come too!"

"Do you have some homework you need to finish?" I asked him, Draco shook his head. 

"Nope."

"Oh." I was a little confused, but we'd already arrieved to the lirbary and Draco was opening the door for me, and leading me to the back of the library, to a table next a window. I opened my bag, taking out my potions homework, Snape was going hard on the fourth years, and he gave me double the homework the others had. He was starting to hate me just as much as he hated Harry.

Draco put his bag on the chair next to his, he crossed his arms on the desk, and rested his head on his arms, shutting his eyes. Why was he willingly hanging out with me?

"Why don't you go back to your dorm and sleep?" 

"No, I'm fine here." He didn't even open his eyes to answer, I pursed my lips fighting back a grin. 

I spent an hour trying to get my homework done, while Draco tried to sleep, I pretended not to notice him watching me every a couple minutes. 

"Draco," I heard an annoyingly familiar voice say, I looked up from my potions. Parkinson hovered next to our table. Her eyes were trained on Draco, pretending I was invisible. Draco rolled his eyes, sitting up. 

"What?" He snapped, but Pansy didn't seem to notice.

"Do you want to find another spot to sit at, so you don't have to sit with um... her?" She pointed at me, raising her head in disgust. 

"Her?" 

"No...I'm fine right here." 

"Draco, come on." Pansy teased, her hand on his shoulder. 

"No, I said I'm fine where I am." Draco shrugged it off. 

"Oh, come on, you don't have to sit here. Stop pretending." She grabbed Draco's arm again and tried to pull him away.

"I told you no, now get away from me." Draco snapped, he smacked her hand away from him. Parkinson stared at him, and then her hand, her eyes filled with tears. She hung her head, before turning around and running out of the library. 

"Merlin, she's annoying." Draco breathed.

"You could have just sat with her instead, you know," I said, looking down at my potions text book.

"Yes, but I didn't want to." 

---.

"HARRY JAMES POTTER! HOW DARE YOU ENTER THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT!" My mother's voice ran through the Great Hall, the little red envelope was so loud that I bet you could hear her from outside the castle. her voice ringing through the halls. Harry dropped the envelope on his breakfast plate, looking defeated. 

"YOU ARE UNDERAGE! YOU ARE 14 YEARS OLD! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DO A SIMPLE SHIELD CHARM! HOW THE HELL ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FIGHT!"

"Maybe you should calm down-"

"Don't tell me to calm down, James Potter!"

"Sorry."

"OH JUST WAIT UNTIL I GET THERE HARRY! I AM GOING TO GET YOU OUT OF THE TOURNAMENT ONE WAY OR ANOTHER! JAMES SAY SOMETHING!"

"Um-, I really can't. You've been screaming the whole time-"

"James! You know what, whatever, I'll be there soon." Lily said before the envelope fizzled out. Harry groaned, rubbing his reddened face, he was clearly exhausted.  

"Harry-"

"Do you believe me? Do you believe that I didn't put my name in?" He shouted, making me jump in my seat. 

"Of course, I do. And I tell every single person who asked that you never put your name in."

"At least you do. Mum and Dad don't even believe me."

"When you talk to them, they will believe you. It's our parents."

"They sent a howler."

"They were probably freaked out."

"Yeah, well then, imagine how I feel. Every single person in this school believes that I put my name in, even Ron, and he's been my best friend my whole life now." Harry signed.

"Ron will get over it soon."

"How do you know?"

"Harry, I know everything." I said, Harry, rolled his eyes.

"No, you don't."

"Yes, I do."

"Whatever you say," Harry grinned. 

"We better get to class, or we'll be late," I said, looking at the clock in the Gryffindor room.

"Oh, I don't want to." Harry groaned as we stood up. I ignored his groaning leading him out of the great hall, and away from the judgmental eyes of our classmates.