Theo held his wand in his hand, the tip of it illuminating the way. Every once in a while he would point it towards the woods, watching as the light got swallowed up by the dense layer of trees.

"Would you stop doing that?" Clementine picked up her pace, anxious to see the lights from Hogsmeade in the distance. "It's making me nervous."

"I'm just checking to make sure there's no murderers lurking in the darkness." Theo said, the sound being absorbed into the woods creating a chilling echo. "Don't worry. I'll be able to protect you if any werewolves cross our path."

"I'm more than capable of protecting myself. It's not the werewolves I'm concerned about." Clementine hissed.

"You're not seriously scared of a murderer on the loose, are you?" Theo shone the light from his wand in Clementine's face like an interrogation lamp.

Clementine squinted and looked away from the light, "No... I dunno... Maybe? The rune thing is bothering me. Luna thinks it was a blood ritual."

"Luna Lovegood also thinks that nargles are real." Theo snorted as he threw his arm around Clementine's shoulders. He pulled her close enough that the scent of his cologne, an intoxicating mix of tobacco and vanilla.

"One day she'll prove you right about all her little creatures." She smiled and leaned into Theo's embrace. He felt warm as the cool night air kissed her skin. "I think Luna knows more than any of us ever give her credit for."

The Hog's Head Inn came into view and the pair walked inside, greeted by a rush of warmth from the blazing fire. It was a small crowd tonight, just like every night, Clementine assumed. It seemed like the only people who frequented the pub were friends of Cho's, wanting to keep her in business.

"Look who finally showed up!" Neville raised his drink, still nearly full, and greeted them. They hadn't been there long, but he had been patiently awaiting their arrival.

"I didn't think you were coming." Blaise smirked, "Malfoy says that the dead body in the woods has you properly spooked, Clem."

Clementine's eyes drifted to the other side of the bar where Draco sat. He was busy staring at Theo's arm around her. She blushed and slipped out of his grasp to take the empty seat next to Blaise. "I'm not scared. It's just strange that the muggle police haven't come up with any leads yet. I think McGonagall is keeping information from me... From all of us."

"Maybe she has her reasons." Draco interjected.

"Firewhiskey?" Cho asked, but the question was rhetorical as she had already started to fill a glass, handing it to her. Clementine nodded in appreciation before taking her first sip. With Theo and Draco looming over her shoulders, she was going to need all the alcohol she could get.

"I would be scared if it were me." Blaise argued, "Neville showed us the muggle paper. You two look nearly identical."

"No they don't." Draco disagreed. "They just have the same hair color."

"Serial killers often have a type." Neville noted as his eyes scanned Clementine, "the hair... the eyes... similar body type. It all factors in to consideration."

"With all that taken into consideration, your fiancee would be a target as well." Draco's eyes drifted over to Luna who was conversing quietly with Cho. Her face lit up with laughter at something the witch was saying to her, none the wiser to the conversation happening on the other side of the room.

"That's different." Neville sputtered. "Luna is—"

"This isn't a serial killer!" Clementine interjected. Their conversation wasn't helping her nerves. "There's been one murder. One."