Chapter 2

Chirp, Chirp, Chirp

Waking up to the sun coming into my large window that was next to my bed seeing the birds outside the widow, flying about. I must have looked out the window for a long time because the birds came and went. I took that as my sign to get up, I walked to my dresser letting the cold wood hit my feet waking me up more, I grabbed a bland t-shirt and a pair of shorts and some Nike socks and was on my way to the living room.

Making my way down the stairs, the carpet on my socks, and the smell of bacon, eggs and pancakes wafting up my nose made me smile. My dad always made me this breakfast the day before my birthday, meaning it's the first of July. I picked up speed and jumped over Val the cat and down the last two steps and rounded the corner into the hallway then to the living room over the sleeping dogs and into the kitchen. I sat down and just smiled at my father as he finished the food.

We normally talk but.. I lost my voice so I can't, I just wait for my food. My father still has not noticed me. He turned to get something from the fridge and jumped because he had no clue I was there, scaring my dad is one of the best things now. I've always been one to love to prank others, But there's a line between pranking and bullying. Taking myself out of my thoughts, I ate quickly and silently so that I could go outside, but something seemed to be wrong with my father, he normally is not so... I am worried, scared, and stressed.

I looked at him, his black hair with the white strip in the front, slightly curly hair, devilish and looked like a brush had never been throughout it, his already pale skin paler then before, he looked sick to tell you the truth, I knew he would never tell me what was worn glasses so I just shrugged, I then took my plate to the sink and grabbed the bells by the door and rung them to signal the dogs, and oh they came running, It's about 10 am now, I go outside with the dogs and play for a while, I run and play fetch with them, I swing on the tree swing that's in the yard, I was outside for about a hour before I went to get a drink, I left the door open when a screech came from the door.

A beautiful barn owl flew throughout the kitchen making a shrill sound, my father came running from the grange yelling "what the hell is that god awful sound?!" I just ran to my father and pointed to the owl, when I tell you his face went paler than at breakfast it did, he sighed and put his arm out and the owl landed on the back of the chair that was in front of me and my father, My father quickly grabbed something from the leg of the bird, then it just.. it just flew off. I was dumbfounded at that and looked at my father 'what was that' Kinda look.

He just sighed and looked at what was in his hand, He looked at me and back, I knew something was wrong, but when my father took a thing of wood out of his pocket and put the tip to the letter, a light came from the tip of the wand and the letter had opened, I Jumped back because it had spooked me. I looked at him with a 'what the hell' look.

"Honey there is something I need to tell you about me about your mother" 

I looked at my father as a signal to continue what he was saying, "what do you need to tell me" I wrote not wanting to sign right now " Me and your mother, Honey, we have magic and so do you" I looked at my father bewildered "WHAT" I wrote in big letters using the whole page. He then took his hands and put them together and said something under his breath and then he opened them and there stood a perfect rose, he looked at me and handed me a letter, the one that came with the damn owl. I took the letter and read it, it said that I was a witch and that I was accepted into Hogwarts, that's all I remember before passing out.