[Chapter One] Where There Is Pain There Is Progress

Start from the beginning

He's been meeting with the cast for three weeks now and they pushed up the date of filming and would be going to New York sometime after the first of the year, the date was still up in the air.

"Who?" I asked him

"What?" he asked instantly and I knew I figured it out; I've been driving myself nuts for weeks on this, ever since he came home that first Monday after the cast meeting. He looked uneasy and I knew I wasn't getting answers from him so I would get them myself.

"Fine." I grabbed my phone and went on IMDB and typed the movie in and his eyes widened in panic.

"Bailey, don't." he told me and I pulled up the cast Kimberly Kate was the lead actress.

"Before I google you and her, do you want to tell me who Kimberly is?" I asked him, guess it's a perk of having a famous boyfriend, his secrets weren't secrets and I knew who she was to him but I wanted to hear it from him.

"Shit." I looked at Hunter and he avoided eye contact and so I looked back at Julian and he sighed.

"Fine, she's an ex, if you can call her that." He told me and my heart dropped but I pushed it away as Kylie's voice rang in my head 'He can't change his past and you're his future. Trust him.' And I did trust him, he knew that and that's why I didn't know why he didn't tell me.

"Why couldn't you have told me that, why did you lie?" I asked and he reached out to grab my hand and I let him.

"I'm sorry I didn't want to hurt you, she's my past." He squeezed my hand but I think it was more than that, why didn't he want me to google it? I needed to know what he wasn't telling me so I decided I would do it when I got home.

I didn't want to be ambushed by anything later and as soon as filming started was when everything else would be, the trailer would be set to release after the new year as well and so this was the last calm we would get, if it even lasted that long.

"I know which is why I don't know why you felt like you couldn't tell me." There had to be something else that he wasn't telling me and I was tired of him trying to spare my feelings

"Because she's a bitch and she's lucky she's attractive and a good actress because she's a fucking nightmare to work with." I let the attractive comment go, I refused to let it bother me, but he had to address it again. "I mean, you're way more-"

"Julian." I stopped him there.

"I didn't mean."

"Stop." I said calmly and tried not to laugh at the distressed look on his face.

"Bailey."

"I'm not the only woman you're attracted to; I understand that and it would be really fucked up for me to think I was. It's fine, I trust you." I told him and he sighed

"Thank you." he leaned back in his seat.

"She's a keeper man." Hunter said

"I know, and being a keeper also means keeping her a secret for now, right." He looked at Hunter and Jay, the girl going his arm and they both nodded

"There's a code, we'll keep quiet. It's not going to stay quiet for long though." Jay said

"I know but I need Bailey comfortable before it goes public." His drug addiction hasn't yet and we knew it would, I think as soon as the trailer releases and people know about him being in this movie, it's going to get crazy.

"I'll be fine as long as I have you." I cursed suddenly as he got to a sensitive spot and I gripped his hand so I wouldn't move.

"Okay, how about we take a break, the grey is done and now all that's left is to go back, do the wording and then all the color." he said and I frowned