Chapter 5: Some Shawarma and a See You Later

Start from the beginning

"Thor will need the tesseract to take Loki back to Asgard, our prisons there are far better suited" you tell him as you find a quiet corner.

"I know, I wanted to ask you if you were going back too" he says turning to face you.

You furrow your brows slightly. You hadn't actually thought about it. You did want to learn more about your home planet, but if you didn't return with Thor you wouldn't know when you'd be able to return to Asgard. Especially since the Bifrost was still gone.

"Thor filled me in on your situation, and I can offer you a place here at SHIELD alongside Agent Romanoff, Barton and Captain Rogers. Help set you up with your own place, adjust to this world" Fury explains.

You nod your head taking in all the information. It sounded like a good deal, you glance over your shoulder to see Thor laughing with Tony. It would be difficult to watch him go.

"Can I think about it and get back to you?" You ask.

"Of course, it's already to go when you make up your mind" Fury says "now go enjoy your lunch" he adds patting you on the shoulder.

When you re-join the group, Steve, Nat and Clint had arrived. As well as Bruce no longer in Hulk form. Tony leads everyone out onto the streets of New York. As you walked to the shawarma joint you looked up and around at the city around you.

"Impressive right?" Steve asks grabbing your attention.

"Yeah, bet it's amazing when it in all it's glory" you sigh looking around at all the rubble.

"Yeah it is, little bit overwhelming I have to say, took me a while to get my head around it, still am if I'm honest" Steve admits shrugging his shoulders slightly.

You nod your head slightly, your mother had been from New York. You spent the first year of your life here. Not that you had any memory of that.

"So are you going back to Asgard with Thor?" Steve asks grabbing your attention again.

You glance over at Thor who was chatting with Bruce unaware of your conversation with Steve.

"I don't know. Fury offered me a place here, and I do want to learn more about this world but if I don't go with him, I don't know when I'll be able to go back, see my mother and father" you sigh shrugging your shoulders.

Steve nods his head in understanding "well let me know what you decide, I still need to show you the wizard of oz before you go" he smiles.

You chuckle recalling the conversation you had about flying monkeys. The one that felt like weeks ago now.

"Will do, it's nice to know what if I do stay I'll have a friend to learn with" you smile.

"Me too" Steve smiles.

The group arrive at the shawarma place, the owners seemed extremely shocked to see 7 superheroes walk in. However they we more than happy to make up some food for all of you.

You sat down between Thor and Steve, looking down at your meal you weren't exactly sure what it was still. Nevertheless you were hungry and tired after the long battle.

Everyone ate in silence, as you glanced around the table you could see everyone eating away. Thor was hungrily digging in, eating the food Steve decided he didn't want. Both Nat and Clint picked at their food, Clint with his legs up on Nat's chair. Steve was resting his head on his fist, his eyelids fluttering shut periodically. He looked as tired as you felt.

Pushing the rest of your food in Thor's direction you leant back in your chair. Breathing out a big sigh as your crossed your arms over your chest. Your sigh catches the attention of Steve who glances over at you. He gives you a tired smile before patting his legs.