2

"So, uh, Y/N, do you need someone to walk you home?" Shinsou asked as they shuffled out of the nearly empty classroom save for a few stragglers. "Not that you aren't capable of walking yourself home, it's just that-"

"It's fine. And actually someone already walks home with me, so no."

He cringed, feeling awkward now. He shouldn't have been so forward with this impending friendship. They had just met, she probably didn't want some weirdo knowing where she lived either. "Oh, gotcha."

"In fact, there he is," she smiled, waving to a particularly angry blond walking down the hall with his hands shoved deep in the pockets of his sagging pants. Shinsou cringed even harder at this point, not expecting her to already have a guy walking her home. She probably didn't have much room for another good guy friend in her life, he thought, obviously overthinking things. "Katsuki! How was class?"

He frowned, shaking his head. "Deku made a fool of himself as usual, but it wasn't awful," the boy replied as his eyes slid from his sister to the daunting guy beside her. "Who's this?"

"This is my new friend, Shinsou. He helped me find the classroom this morning since we're in the same class." Katsuki blinked in surprise, definitely not expecting his shy little sister to already have made a friend. It took her years of middle school just to have a few close acquaintances.

"I gotta get going. My mom is expecting me home soon," Shinsou told the girl, even if he was lying. He could go home at any time he wanted, he just didn't want to feel awkward anymore. This guy was obviously close to her, and was giving him the evil eye for a minute now. Possessive much?

"Wait, before you go, let me introduce you to my brother."

"Brother?' he asked aloud. They didn't look alike, like, at all. Nor did their personalities seem to resemble each other in any way.

"This is my brother Katsuki. He's a class 1-A hot shot." A pang of relief turned his stomach.

"Yeah, uh, nice to meet you."

The blond rolled his eyes, gruffly brushing off the purple haired boy's greeting."Yeah, yeah, whatever. Y/N, are you ready to go?"

Y/N sighed, waving softly to Shinsou, a smile ever present on her lips when she looked at him. She mouthed as she walked away, 'sorry', and he just waved.

Maybe he was a creep for watching her as she left, waiting for her to turn a corner before he let out a breath of air. All he knew was that he felt as if he was sucked in a trance. His heart felt heavy in his chest, as if it were about to explode. The feelings were so foreign but pleasant, some of the best he had ever experienced.

It just felt so good to see someone's warm smile directed at him, not an ounce of malice behind a guise.

Yeah...He really, really liked her.