"I...I'm not your dad," Kenma finally said it. "I'm your uncle."

"Uncle?" she asked slowly before she looked at you.

"Suki-chan," you said, getting off the bench to get to the little girl's eye level as you bent down beside Kenma. "It means that daddy is not Suki-chan's real daddy like how Ms. Y/n is not Suki-chan's real mommy. Because Suki-chan's real mommy is..."

"My older sister," Kenma said and you looked at him. "That makes me your uncle."

"Uncle, like Uncle Kuroo?"

"Like Uncle Kuro," Kenma repeated. "But half of the blood in Suki's veins is the same as the blood running in my veins."

"Suki doesn't think she understands," Suki said slowly before she added. "But if daddy is uncle then... what about Suki's real daddy?"

Of course she would ask, Kenma thought to himself. He tried to swallow the words back, but he had to ask for the sake of it.

"Do you want..." Kenma lowered his head, closing his eyes. "Do you want to meet your real dad?"

"And Suki's real mommy too?" she asked.

At the mention of it, Kenma opened his eyes, still with his head lowered he bit his lower lip as his brows furrowed before he closed his eyes again and took a deep breath. He lifted his head and look at Suki, her eyes that resemble his and that also resembles Kana's bright amber hues.

"Your real mommy is no longer with us in this world."

"Where did she go?"

"She went far away, in a place where she couldn't return here."

Suki looked down, hands fiddling with her fingers. "Did she leave Suki because she doesn't want Suki?"

"No!" you quickly said, almost surprising the little girl as she looked up at you. "No, she didn't leave Suki-chan because she doesn't want Suki-chan. She left because..."

Because what, you thought.

"Because she had no choice," Kenma continued for you. "She will only hurt more if she stays in this world. So she has to leave."

"If she leaves, the pain will go away?" Suki asked and Kenma nodded.

"Yes," he said, voice almost breaking. "The pain will go away."

Suki seems to understand, slowly, but she understands. In time, she will get to understand the concept of life and death too, but for now, that explanation will do. Her birth mother left not because she doesn't want Suki, but because it was too painful for her to stay in this world.

"How about Suki's real daddy?" the little girl asked again.

"You'll get to meet him again soon."

Was all that Kenma said before he stood up and held the little girl's hand while you did too as she jumped from the bench and stood in the middle of you and Kenma.

Meet him again, Suki realized through Kenma's words that she had met the man already.

They were walking down the pathway again when Suki tugged Kenma's hand and stopped, causing you and Kenma to stop as well. She looked up at Kenma before she asked that question.