[You have no other choice but to follow as that’s the regulation of the tribe.]

[Sir. How can one have the leisure to walk when one’s time is being pressed? We might as well demonstrate our flexibility and skip the steps if it is needed.] Aldrit pressed.

[I wonder what has gotten into you. You are acting rather frivolously unlike how you were always prudent in your behavior in the past.]

[You mustn’t become complacent stuck in the rut if you truly care for the tribe.]

[You impertinent rascal! Why don’t you just take over my place instead! You better be gone tomorrow, no, just leave at once before you stir up any more troubles!]

Until then, Mur had failed to foresee what was going to become when he clicked his tongue watching Aldrit leave with his head dropped at his scolding.

While he was put out by Aldrit’s offensive deed, but at the same time, he was also proud to see how he did not back away from his opinion. He nodded approvingly as Aldrit had proved himself as a man of perseverance, as befitted of his successor.

With his judgment clouded, Mur repeated the same mistake he had made on the first day. He didn’t check further and blindly believed that Aldrit must have really gone for good this time as he was nowhere to be seen.

Then about ten days after that, a force composed of the promising youths of the tribe was already formed around Aldrit by the time Mur discerned the oddity.

The age group of the people who remained in the settlement was poles apart in extreme ends, as it was either the aged or the young.

The wanderers, who spend their whole lives wandering aimlessly as a means to make atonement for their sins, could only come back to the settlement to spend the rest of their lives after arriving at senescence. However, there were also the adolescent, who were yet of age to set out on a journey, as well as the parents who had children still in need of parental care while there were also those who were in a marriageable age who had come for a temporary stay in order to seek for their partners.

The tribe of wanderers have a tradition of giving their full respects to those with years of experience even though every tribal member has the equal right within the tribe. So, the young have naturally obeyed the elders and never complained of the decisions made by elders and the chief.

However, the elders wouldn’t be able to confront the young if they should join forces together. As physically, they wouldn’t be a match for them.

‘I should have seen this coming.’

Mur, who’ve been ruminating over the incidents that had led to the current situation with his eyes closed, opened his lids with a heavy heart only after a while. He sighed for grief when he saw the gaze in Aldrit eyes, staring right into his.

‘I guess I’m not solely at fault.’

The whole process or the period could have differed but there was no denying that this day would have come someday in the future.

There was an unwavering conviction in Aldrit’s eyes. And those gaze of his reflected his disposition where he would rather be broken than to bend his belief.

Mur then shifted his eyes to the young people who surrounded him after staring intently at Aldrit for a while. Some did flinch after meeting eyes with him but none of them averted him. With that, Mur realized that these young people have not come here with just the spur of the moment resolution.