𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐨𝐧𝐞 & 𝐬𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐲-𝐭𝐰𝐨

Start from the beginning

"don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."

"let's live for as long as we can, and preserve the memories of our fallen comrades." 

the man can only sigh from the woman's short speech but nevertheless agreed. rengoku kyojuro, the man who is in deep remorse after his comrades deaths, he even thought of him dying over them, specially the snake man that the love of his life loves.

there is no denying that kyojuro caught feelings for y/n tsugikuni. she's a woman full of surprises, and she's the first woman that made him interested in romance. he thought that he could maybe court her, but everything went downhill when he notice how y/n and obanai acts whenever they are together. some may thought that they are only bickering, but to his eyes there is something more than that. after all, he's the first to notice the lingering love and affection between the two.

kyojuro blocked everything from his view, he closes his eyes as he remembered the time where him and obanai had a conversation regarding y/n. it was a day before muzan attacked the ubuyashiki estate, a day before they finally saw y/n.

"what are you doing here?"

kyojuro laughed at how defensive obanai is, he is in front of the serpent pillar's estate. he decided to visit everyone, and offer them some rice cakes that he bought yesterday during his mission.

"can't the flame pillar come and check-up on his friend?" questioned kyojuro while obanai merely reacted, he stood by the door with his arms crossed and a sassy expression on his face.

"i'm not letting you in." said the serpent pillar but kyojuro didn't listen and pushed the door open, surprising the shorter man.

he entered the estate freely, glancing at the area with amusement and curiousness. this is not the first time he ever step foot in the estate, but it has definitely been a few years ever since he's been here and there are some changes here and there.

"what the hell, rengoku." muttered the shorter man as he slammed the door shut. 

the serpent pillar glared at kyojuro but nevertheless showed him to an area with cushions, kyojuro smiled before setting himself on one of the cushion and placing the rice cakes on the small table in front.

he looked around and saw some picture frames, he wasn't too surprise when he saw that the images were pictures of him and mitsuri. after all the both of them are really close, they might as well be married together if it weren't for obanai being a pussy.

but what surprise him the most is another image in a picture frame, the image contained obanai and a certain burgundy-haired woman that he loves. although kyojuro felt some small tingles of jealousy, he didn't assume things and instead questioned obanai about it.

"a picture with y/n? thought you both didn't get along well." muttered kyojuro as he pointed the picture frame hanging on the wall, a laugh following his question as obanai glanced at the picture before turning to kyojuro.

"kanroji. she forced the both of us, nothing much to see there anyway." said obanai, defensive as always.

kyojuro tilted his head, a small smile on his face as he didn't believe obanai. kanroji may be the reason for the picture, but 'nothing much to see there anyway' there's so much to see in the picture, after all both are a blushing mess without even realizing it.