Out of all the vampires and people, he knew how much I hated sharing the stage. No matter who it is, I just don't like it when I am standing under the spotlight but with divided attention.

"March is national women's month if you don't know—"

"National women's month?" I almost burst into laughter. "What do you mean by that? Do you mean that we only celebrate women's potential and importance during this month? And what happens after the month ends?"

"No. No. It's about women's empowerment. That's something I don't think you are capable of. Empowering not just yourself but also other women. By celebrating not just you, but for them, too."

I took a deep breath. As much as I want to bear his insult seriously, I can't deny that he's right. I mean, why would I celebrate for someone else? Why will I feel empowered by someone else?

"It's funny how we talk about women, and yet a man is talking shit about a woman," I smirked as I handed him back the paper. "But, sure. Count me in."

My manager presented me with a summary of what's the project about. Sharing the spotlight had me grip my fists tightly, but acknowledging an interview was something else.

"You shouldn't be just a face, Nathalia. You shouldn't be just someone they look up to because they want to look like you and act like you. Your words can inspire thousands of aspiring models. Let them hear even just once in a while from you."

"Sure." I chuckled. "What else had you planned for me?"

He bobbed his head. "That's all for now."

"That means there's more."

"But this is the most substantial one." Binalik na niya sa briefcase ang kontrata. Saka naman siya may kinuhang maliit na box sa gilid. "Here."

I sighed as I received the small box. I unlocked it. Sa lahat ng nangyari at sinabi niya ngayon, ito lang ang nagustuhan ko. My necklace.

"I also have one for Kristan," he said.

Speaking of Kristan, I just know he's eavesdropping again. I mean, it's inevitable for us. Damn. I terribly wanted for him to wear that necklace now so that I would know if he's been spying on us in the rearview mirror.

"I am giving one to Kristan because I am now permitting him to be your bodyguard."

I chucked. "You don't seem in a good mood today, Mr. Roman Hando. Did your men fail to satisfy you?"

"You shut up, Nathalia. Take some rest, and let's talk tonight."

I groaned. "I am planning to have a hair treatment!"

Now that I have returned to being THE Nathalia Cardinal, everything that I felt was normal back in Azalea Village made me feel uncomfortable— the glued dirty under my skin, the unwanted hair growing under me, my sticky hair, and my thoughts.

"You can do that tomorrow," he said.

I pursed my lips and didn't just react.

We were silent until we arrived at my place. Naunang lumabas si Kristan na hawak si Lilly. Pinaalalahanan pa ako ni Hando na huwag munang lalabas.

I first got into the elevator. Sumunod si Kristan na nasa pusa na ang atensyon. Nakahalukipkip ako habang pinapanuod ang pagtaas ng mga numero sa elevator.

"Are you mad that I kissed you after shoving the stone in my mouth?"

"Fuck!" I almost forgot that I am a freaking vampire, that there's no hell I will die due to a heart attack. But his sudden voice made me jump.