↳ 𝟰𝟳 ❝ [¡𝗕𝗲𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗹𝗲!] ❞

Start from the beginning

"Ouch," (Y/N) faked offense, placing a hand on her chest.

"I didn't mean it that way," Peter 3 laughed and (Y/N) followed along with him, missing the way that her Peter eyed them with a strange look from afar while MJ hid her smirk under her palm.

"Can you tell me about her? Me, or whatever?" (Y/N) questioned carefully after the chuckles had died out.

"She wasn't exactly like you, like — "

"A witch?"

"Yeah," he nodded, a nostalgic yet solemn look passing through his eyes. "She was like me. Some even called us the 'Spider-Couple'. It was ridiculous."

"It has a good ring to it," (Y/N) teased.

Peter 3 stared forward and continued on talking. "She was my rock, the only person that could understand how I felt. Every happy memory was with her."

(Y/N) looked down and patted him in the shoulder, offering a reassuring smile. "She sounds cool. I knew there were other versions of myself too."

The oldest of the Peter's had been busy with his own cure by the loneliest side of the lab, but he couldn't help but overhear part of the conversation. He even stopped working to put his full attention on the two until (Y/N) drifted her gaze up to him, which caused him to try to regain his posture in a few seconds.

"Hey, Peter 2. It's your turn," she called.

He looked up from his stuff and extended his left hand for her to see the shining wedding band in his finger, and how he stared down at it like it was the most valuable thing he had.

"Whoa!" she gasped, using one hand to cup her mouth. "Are you really — ? I — "

"We had obstacles along the way," he said, pulling his hand back. "But we figured it out."

"Like we always do," he and (Y/N) replied at the same time, a look of confusion passing through their eyes.

"Yeah," Peter 2 nodded.

"And do you have. . ." (Y/N) couldn't know why she was too nervous to ask. "A family?"

"Not the one you think," he told her. "We adopted two dogs a while back."

"Really?" she brightened at the thought of it. She could see herself and her Peter living with two dogs in a future. "What are their names?"

He blushed, as if he was embarrassed. "Mario and Peach."

(Y/N) smiled at the names. "Nerds."

"Hey, it's you in a different reality, so be careful what you call yourself," Peter 2 scolded. "It was you who named them, though I helped."

"I figured."

After a long time of helping through the three Peter's devices and cures, silence filling the lab completely for a few minutes, Ned walked back from talking to Peter 2 in secret and passed by Peter's table, who barely looked up from his work.

"Hey," he said. "Will you run a diagnostic?"

Ned nodded and stiffly clicked on the laptop and then walked away without another word, still being shaken up after whatever chat he had back with the other two Peter's. (Y/N) left MJ's side to sit on one of the stools besides Peter and noticed how he was barely speaking throughout this.