↳ 𝟰𝟰 ❝ [¡𝗕𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗥𝘂𝗹𝗲𝘀!] ❞

Start from the beginning

Norman didn't believe any of it. "You're insane."

"God, I love it here," the guy from the transmission towers, who's name was Max, muttered under his breath as he flicked his eyes from one man to the other.

"What are you talking about? He's standing right there," Peter intervened. "He's not — "

"Dead," Flint cut him off, and everyone's eyes turned to him. "They both died, fighting Spider-Man."

The atmosphere grew tense within a second, and the confusion was seen in Norman's eyes, looking back at Peter for an explanation that he clearly didn't have. (Y/N) swallowed the lump in her throat and tried to say something, but she was cut off.

"It was all over the news," Flint continued. "Green Goblin, impaled by the glider you flew around on. And a couple of years later, you, Doc Ock, drowned in the river with your machine."

"That's nonsense," Otto snapped. "Spider-Man was trying to stop my fusion reactor, so I stopped him. I had him by the throat, and then I. . ."

The realization slowly hit him. "And then I was here."

"Oh, please. Let me tell you something. I was whupping Spider-Man's ass," Max scoffed. "He'll tell you. And then he caused an overload. Then Silk — his partner came up. I was stuck in the grid, absorbing data. I was about to turn into pure energy. And then. . .And then. . .And then — Oh, shit. I was about to die."

"Max, do you know? Do I die?" the Lizard spoke up and (Y/N) had to hide the surprise in her face when she realized it could talk.

An orange spark shimmered and revealed Stephen, who was sitting criss-crossed in midair before he sat up and noticed the scene. "Oh, great. You caught another one."

"No, wait, Strange. He's not dangerous," Peter tried to stop him but the orange portal had already wrapped around Norman and took him to his own place. "It's okay."

(Y/N) noticed a glowing, golden cube shaped object in the center of a rock table by Stephen's side and gestured towards it. "And that is?"

"It's an ancient relic. The Macchina di Kadavus," Stephen explained. "I've trapped your corrupted spell inside, and once I finish the proper ritual, it'll reverse the spell and send these guys back to their universes."

"And then what? We perish?" Otto inquired.

"No. No, thanks. I'll pass on that," Max protested.

"Let me out of here. Peter! (Y/N)!"

"Strange, we can't send them back. Not yet," Peter spoke up, eyes on the box.

"Why?"

His eyes drifted off to the villains trapped in the crypt. "Well, some of these guys are gonna die."

"Parker. It's their fate."

"Come on, Strange. Have a heart.

"In the grand calculus of the multiverse, their sacrifice means infinitely more than their lives.

"I'm sorry, kid," Stephen said. "If they die, they die."